Search results

1. B-squared

Front range Colorado floods 9-2013

So we have not got much rain all summer here in northern CO and now apparently we are going to get it all at once. I live in Loveland and now every way across the big Thompson river is closed and even the interstate is now closed due to floods. We were due to go on vacation yesterday but...
  2. B-squared

For the runners - 1:42:44 - 1/2M

I had a decent half marathon today, for me anyway. I went under my best time from back when I was 27. I ran a 1:43 something back then. Now that I'm 52, I'm faster, but so is my competition. I would have finished 3rd among men 20-29, but in the men, 50-59, I finished 5th out of 8. Wow, this...
  3. B-squared

Anyone Playing for St. Patrick's Day?

I was looking for a St. Patty's thread when I logged in, and I was a little surprised I couldn't find one. (Maybe I didn't look hard enough?) I haven't imbibed for a few years now, but I still love St. Patrick's Day. We are playing the local tavern where we play every month, but it's still...
  4. B-squared

New Brass Tube Black Beauty

I scored the one I've been looking for! It's the LB417BT Black Beauty, date stamped 021213. Sorry about the phone pictures. With the reflection of the flash, only the picture of the box doesn't have a flash spot in it. I got this for recording, and I think I'm going to be really happy. I...
  5. B-squared

71 Supra Restoration - Complete

I got it done a little sooner than I thought. I spent more than I had planned, but probably not more than the drum is worth. I got most of the parts from Tim at Drum City & Guitarland here in Colorado. The vintage lugs are in great shape. The P85 strainer, the P32 butt plate, and the snares...
  6. B-squared

71 Supra Restoration - Coming Soon

I will soon be taking this on. Since this is my favorite drum forum, and you all have led me to this project, I will post my questions here first (realizing that there is a Vintage Forum as well). I have found enough parts online to put this back together. The only part I am a little unsure...
  7. B-squared

Disco - Live

I have to share this. I was off on a mini-vacation over the weekend and my wife and I went out on the town to see some live music in the city we were in. We found the local hotspot and the band was playing.......disco. I am talking Donna Summer, Taste of Honey, Boogie Oogie Oogie - the whole...
  8. B-squared

Gig in the rain

I have never posted anything here, so I thought I would throw this out there. The tents were needed and the instant - and I do mean the EXACT instant - we finished, the rain stopped and the sun came out. Maybe God doesn't like our music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4b0vRYGeQg
  9. B-squared

Evans G Plus Review

It should be obvious from the title that I just tried these heads (coated version). After reading some posts here, I was tempted to try a line of Evans heads different from those I have played (G1's, G2's, and a couple others) . I wanted 1-ply for my Ludwig CM's and I thought the newer G14...
  10. B-squared

New Tom Petty Tour

I just saw the first show of Tom Petty's new tour. I recommend it highly. I saw TP and the Heartbreakers about 30 years ago and they were good then, and they're better now. Those guys are real pro's. Great show! (He never mentioned the stolen guitars, if you've been following that news).
  11. B-squared

Help w/ Type and Age of Zildjian

This is a cymbal I bought a long time ago, and I was trying to date and price it for insurance purposes. I tried Google and Bing and didn't find anything. I think it's from the 80's which is too new to really be "vintage". The marking says "Rock Crash" and Medium". I am thinking it's worth...
  12. B-squared

Ludwig Bass Reso Head Style & Era ?'s

I couldn't any threads that dealt with this, so I thought I would just ask the gang these questions. I just ordered a black Ludwig bass drum reso with the logo that has the "L-g" underlined. I currently have a white Ludwig reso with the vintage script and the "USA" at the bottom. It looks...
  13. B-squared

Strangest/Weirdest/Funniest GigsYou've Played

OK, I've been wanting to try this one - old "war stories". Here's a starter: My old band was playing at a small town bar not far from Denver. The crowd wasn't too large - maybe 75 people or so - but they were mostly locals out for a good time. We had the dance floor packed pretty good when...
  14. B-squared

Sabian Cymbal Suggestions Needed

I need to survey my colleagues here about crash cymbals. I am looking for an 18" crash cymbal for my kit. I would like to get a Sabian for a dumb reason: I finished 2 marathons this year wearing a Sabian tee shirt and I don't own any Sabian cymbals. I am pretty sure about the size but not...
  15. B-squared

Pseudo-Drummers

I have noticed a disturbing new trend watching Palladia (a VH1 HD music channel). There are a few bands now that have what I will call a "pseudo-drummer" playing alongside a real drummer. I use the term "pseudo-drummer" because it is immediately obvious that these guys have no idea how to play...
  16. B-squared

Want to Change Custom Ludwig Order

I ordered a 5-piece Ludwig Classic Maple shell pack a couple weeks ago. I thought I had ordered it just right, but a I was reading over what I had on the invoice, I noticed that I had ordered 2 of the toms an inch shorter than I wanted - the diameter was fine. (8x12 and 9x13 instead of 9x12...
Back