Search results

1. D

Daft question about playing double pedals...

Hi, After almost 30 years of playing drums without a double kick pedal, I'm having to use one for a specific job. I'm doing ok-ish with the playing and I'm working on doing hand rudiments with the feet to buildup strength. My question is; When you're playing and you've got you're foot on the...
  2. D

Marillion: Incubus - anyone know the sticking for this?

Hi, I’ve been wondering how Ian Moseley plays the chorus part to Incubus since I first heard it in the early 90’s (the ‘oooo-wah’ bit). I can play the basic pattern including the double Tom/double kick at the end of the phrase but I can’t figure out the cymbal pattern. There’s some kind of...
  3. D

Electric Cymbals and modules

Building an electric kit... Hi, Further to this thread... http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138902 I'm well on my way to building the equivalent of an electric kit for my home studio (for practise ad for recording midi drum tracks). I've got an old 90's Genista, three up...
  4. D

Drum triggers - best options?

Yes, I have a midi-to-USB converter that I use for the DM5 kit as it is. I was really wondering if the Roland triggers would work with the DM5 module in a 'usable' way (the DM5 kit isn't all that record-able as the trigger resolution isn't very good and the hihat pedal is virtually...
  5. D

Drum triggers - best options?

Hi, I’m looking to upgrade my old Alesis DM5 piece by piece by replacing the pads with acoustic drums fitted with Remo Silentstroke mesh heads and some kind of trigger. Eventually I’ll upgrade the brain and the cymbals. I mainly use it for practise but it’s not good enough for recording and...
  6. D

Best rudiment/patterns to practice for double time playing?

Hi, I often have trouble playing double time grooves (like 'Town called mallace', 'Lust for life', 'you can't hurry love', 'are you gonna be my girl' etc). Can anyone suggest any resources or tips for this style of playing? Thanks, Darren
  7. D

Premier drummers.........(and anyone else that might be interested)

Please 'like' my Facebook page dedicated to Premier drummers over the years.... ....come along and post some pics or have a chat. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Premier-Drummers/217542334999192 Thanks!
  8. D

Pedal...I need to shorten my chain...maybe!

Hi, I've been using a Premier pedal for nearly 20 years, it has a nylon strap. When I first got the pedal, I shortened the strap slightly (drilled a new hole) in order to raise the footplate slightly and bring the beater back a bit to give me more control/power. I've recently been given a...
  9. D

Injury; Old age or old equipment??

Hi, I've been playing regularly for 22 years now, for the past 19 years i've been using the same Premier XPK. I do around 60 gigs a year ranging from 2x 45min sets to 3x 1 hour sets. Over the past couple of months I've been getting pain in my left knee (kick drum - i'm a lefty), towards the...
Back