Search results

1. N

The New Recording Custom's price

Of course they did it once again: they took the excellent Recording Custom drumset, did almost nothing and... voila! it now costs almost 30 percent more than the Hybrid Custom, and almost 50 percent more compared with it`s own price on 2014. Business as usual.
  2. N

Incredible "policy" from Memphis Drum Shop

Last Thursday, I bought an $879.00 USD Black Beauty with these guys. Friday went by and no notice about shipment. I wrote to the sales department and no answer. Monday morning: another note and no answer. Just five minutes ago, after my third intent with their sales department, they answered me...
  3. N

Vera Figueiredo

I think it's time to start a thread on this incredibly talented lady. For some, she is Brasil's best drummer. In any case, she qualifies as Samba Queen. Take a look at her solos and enjoy.
  4. N

Dylan Elise

It seems strange: there are a lot of videos of Dylan Elise on Youtube. His videos have around 500 000 views, he is an amazing all around drummer, really, and he seems to be completely unknown in this forum. Shame on us. Please take a look at his videos and state your opinion.
  5. N

Mapex website

Mapex worldwide website hasn't been updated since March 2012. Strange indeed. Not a good marketing strategy, I think.
  6. N

My "new" 1968 Ludwig Supraphonic Vintage Snare

At last I found what I was looking for: a 1968 vintage Ludwig Supraphonic snare (14 x 5). It is in excellent condiction and very clean for its 44 years of age (we are exactly the same age). It still has the original Ludwig snare side head and the original snare wires. Obviously, I want to change...
  7. N

Nathaniel Townsley

After watching in awe that long two part solo Mr. Townsley plays on the Modern Drummer Festival 2003, I am quite surprised to see that there is no thread dedicated to him, one of the most elegant and sublime drummers I have ever heard. I really love the way he sounds contained and free at the...
  8. N

How to tear down my wall? Need your help

Let me tell you about my case. I started playing the drums when I was 14 years old. I took 3 or 4 formal classes and fell into that very common trap: "I can do it by myself", so I took my Realistic Rock Drumming book and went ahead. Then I formed a group that played almost every weekend. We...
Back