Search results

1. S

Earth toning/Soil aging?

So i have been looking for some ways to improve the sound of my not so good cymbals. I have Paiste 502s, a 20" ride 16" crash and 14" hats [i also have a 2002 15" wild china, but that does not need improving/tweaking]. I have been wanting to improve my cymbal setup or at least make my cymbal...
  2. S

Bass drum muffling

For the past few months or so I have been playing with no pillows foams tapes or anything in my bass drum. The only downside i have discovered is that thanks to my miserably suckish double pedal the clamp on the main pedal will not hold up to the combined power of my feet and the bass drum...
  3. S

Barefoot? Or with Shoes? how do you play?

I used to always play barefoot, I find I am far more precise with my bass drum when im playing with shoes, what about everyone else? pros and cons of each?
  4. S

Underated/Underappreciated Drummers?

Who does everyone think is a lesser known or talked about drummer, any genre, could be someone not knownof as much, could be someone new, just pick someone you think is not known of or talked about as much as they should be. My pick is Danny Heifetz of Mr. Bungle, Tango Saloon, and Secret Chiefs...
  5. S

Favorite Drummer in a live setting?

So, in the past year or so i have been lucky enough to see some amazing drummers live, Mike Portnoy, Neil Peart, Vinnie Paul, Roy Mayorga x2, Tommy Lee, and Tommy Cluefetos. All amazing drummers, but I think my favorite was easily Peart.
  6. S

Favorite China?

About two weeks ago I finally got my new Paiste 2002 15" Wild China. I love it, the decay is short like I prefer, and it is very pangy and opens up nicely.
Back