Search results

1. kyle

Kit finally set up again!

So it's been a while sinice I've been able to play drums. However it's gotten to the point where I've said screw it, I'm playing anyway. So I put silentstrokes on the batters and got some L80s to serve as cymbals Specs. Pearl Reference in Granits Sparkle. 10x8 14x12 22x18 12x10 is out...
  2. kyle

Really Hard Songs

Does anyone happen to have recommendations for incredibly hard songs drum wise? Not anything thats hard simply because its ridiculously fast, just something that will help push each of my limbs and time keeping ability. I honestly don't care what genre it is as long as it will push my abilities...
  3. kyle

Something to complement my current pair of hats

Currently I have a pair of 14" HHX Groove Hats from Sabian. I was thinking of adding another pair of hats on my left side. I'm looking for something on the opposite end of the spectrum of my groove hats but will still go with my other cymbals (A 17" AAXtreme China and a 14" AAX dark crash, also...
  4. kyle

New Drums Pearl Reference

I just got these beauties from a Guitar Center in Virginia used. Gear Shown: Gretsch Signature Mark Schulman 13"x6". Pearl Reference 22x18 Bass Drum Pearl Reference 10x10 Rack Tom Pearl Reference 12x11 Rack Tom Pearl Reference 14x12 Rack Tom Sabian AAXtreme Chinese 17" Sabian HHX Groove Hats...
  5. kyle

Help pricing a kit.

Recently someone asked for help with the value of this kit on craigslist and whether it was actually worth the asking price. Anyways the current owner of the kit is asking for 2000. I'm thinking the price is rather high but I'm not an expert on identifying Ludwigs. I'm thinking the kit is...
  6. kyle

My new Cherry Snare (Built by me)

This the new snare I've been working on since Wednesday. I sanded this thing myself, cut the pieces down my self. It is a stave snare, the inside is not perfectly rounded (I don't have access to a lathe, so I had to sand this thing down to as close to a perfect circle as I could.) and neither is...
  7. kyle

Need help for snare heads

Its time to replace the heads on my snare and here I am wondering what to get. So time to ask for help. What I'm specifically looking for from my drum heads is for it to give off a nice crack with a bit of ring.
  8. kyle

Advice for new ride

This is mostly just a, see what kind of ride is out there. But unfortunately my Paiste Alpha Metal 20" Ride is just horribly pingy for me. So I just wondering what kind of ride I should replace it with. I don't care what brand it is, I don't care if its 30 inches, if I would have to get it...
  9. kyle

My PDP X7

From Behind the kit In front of the kit This my PDP X7, the pictures are a bit old, my current heads are EC2s over G Pluses with the snare having a Emperor X over Ambassador. I also have a dark crash which is not seen. I use a PDP Boon stand (don't know what kind) and a Pearl 900 Boon stand...
  10. kyle

Annoying Pearl Double Pedal

Alright, unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. But on my Pearl P-902 double bass pedal it has this tendency to suddenly go from nice and tight, to as if there were hardly any spring at all there. The first time this happened I did not notice it, but when a friend tried it we discovered the...
Back