Search results

1. Skyking

Just didn't have it...

The best advice I've ever taken away from this site was... when in doubt, flat, lost or behind the curve, don't panic, just play it straight. Sounds like you did it like a pro.
  2. Skyking

Anyone use those felt strips to dampen their kick?

You don't need anecdotal evidence, (and besides what does it matter) a couple of bucks and twenty minutes of joyous labor mucking about with your kit will give you your answer. Just do it! Me, I've got a hole in my head o_Oand a fluffy pillow and I'm happy. It goes boom or thump depending on...
  3. Skyking

The Beatles - Get Back Documentary

They really were a team, but don't be too quick to dismiss John's early stuff that made The Beatles, 'THE BEATLES'. "Help." is one of the classics that come to mind and there are a dozen more behind that. Maybe unlike Paul, John thought he still was in a rock band and grew tired of all the other...
  4. Skyking

DW 9502LB remote hats

Pics sure would help.
  5. Skyking

Bright vs. Dark cymbals

For rock, go bright. For everything else...what does it matter?
  6. Skyking

Is it me? Yamaha DTX 562K & RHH135

Thank you, thank you, thanl you!...I HAD NO IDEA.
  7. Skyking

Decent Used Drums for around $600-$800

20 years of happiness is a tall order. Just ask my ex-wives. But, IMO, ease of setup, portability, and looks mean more to me than brand. With the right heads and tuning they can all sound pretty good.
  8. Skyking

A little swung sunshine

I liked it! I especially liked the way you stayed in the pocket. It just moved.
  9. Skyking

Ludwig Classic maple "Hepcat"

I swear I don't get it??? What does this set bring to anyone's drumming? To me, the price seems ridiculous. Heads, tuning, style, and cymbals all mean a hell of a lot more. All of these inflated drum set prices have gone stupid silly! They do look nice, but I'd sweat bullets loading and...
  10. Skyking

Danny Seraphine

I saw him with Chicago at Indiana University right after they'd released "Chicago", 1970ish? As a drummer, I was awed. The entire group was fantastic. They were all amazingly talented but without him, Chicago could never be the same.
  11. Skyking

NEED ADVICE... 1965ish LUDWIG PAISTE HIGH HATs

Thanks bongo. And I totally agree about the hats. I told her to sell it all together as life is too short for the hassle of a piece by piece sale.
  12. Skyking

Pricing A 65ish Ludwig Kit?

Opentune thanks for the reply, sorry I did not reply sooner, (serious life got in the way). Fact is, I have 3 kits and I am not into collecting the old stuff. Totally agree about the Ludwig/Paiste's...at least the hats. So I told her to keep it together ask $1500 for everything and expect a...
  13. Skyking

Pricing A 65ish Ludwig Kit?

EVERYTHING is original even the heads. The high hats are 15 inch Ludwigs made by Paiste. Can anybody tell me about them? Especially what are they worth? I'm thinking of making her an offer, OR should I tell her to keep the set all original equipment in order to sell. She also has a Zildjian A...
  14. Skyking

NEED ADVICE... 1965ish LUDWIG PAISTE HIGH HATs

So my sister has a 1965 ish Ludwig Champagne Sparkle kit. Same as the one M. Shrieve (sp?) played at Woodstock. EVERYTHING is original even the heads. I had a thread to evaluate the drums, but not the cymbals. The high hats are 15 inch Ludwigs made by Paiste. Can anybody tell me about them...
  15. Skyking

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

Ringo! From the early hits to Abbey Road his drumming is spot on. How many records did he help sell? How many drummers did he launch? Dave Clark. Same as above but a different, more in your face, sound, and yeah the Red Sparkle on those Rodgers was awesome. He launched me. Big 3 way tie for...
  16. Skyking

What famous drum or drum set would you like to play in person?

I'd love to play Ringo's early Beatles kit, especially the sloshy high hats. And here's another oldy. Dave Clark's (DC5) red sparkling set of Rodger's drums. BUT alas, I am not worthy.
  17. Skyking

Basement Mancave/Echo Chamber Need Help.

When you are buying a new house that's the kind of economical thinking I need. Thanks, I just need a temporary fix until I get through the move in, you need it now stage. If things go well for me I'll build a room for my drums and this temp fix won't be needed and then I'll use the long term...
  18. Skyking

So bottom line, INITIALLY I'm going to Walmart for cheap comforters and a carpet store for one or two large cheap shag throw rugs. Curtains from Goodwill might also be used. Mind you this is all 'INITIAL' move-in stuff as I'll have two dozen other projects happening all at once. After I'm in I...
  19. Skyking

I like the pre-made idea. Plus the price is right .
Back