Search results

1. J.Richardson

Global Musicians Fish Pond....

Now happy to be a part of www.globalmusiciansfishpond.com - A site supporting the international and hugely varied community of musicians. Support the site. My section can now be found on the site, amidst a number of internationally talented and acclaimed musicians.
  2. J.Richardson

Documentary for new Dream Theater drummer and their choice of Mike Mangini....

Give my following waffle a chance - I babbled too much but does have its place I think and does ultimitely lead you to the question of opinion and discussion.... I am not a Dream Theater fan at all, and don't think you have to be to appreciate, enjoy and have an opinion on this matter, but has...
  3. J.Richardson

London Drum Show 2011....

Firstly, is anyone going this year? Secondly, what are peoples opinions on its line-up this year?
  4. J.Richardson

New death metal project video....(Vocalist needed!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kuY_...eature=feedfbc This is a video comprising of a medley of sections taken from 5 original compositions. It is a new project headed by Joe Ryan and his compositions and is currently searching for a capable and versatile vocalist. The genre, which is obvious...
  5. J.Richardson

3 over 2 foot ostinato multi pedal development into free-form improvisation solo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZYeG...eature=related This is a temporary video of James E Richardson playing a 3 over 2 foot ostinato split between different sound sources. The ostinato is used as an initial vamp and developed, with the hands improvising a range of stylistic developments until...
  6. J.Richardson

2 new videos uploaded to my youtube account today....

Two new videos uploaded to my youtube account today. One is a 3 over 2 foot ostinato multi pedal development into free-form improvisation solo and the other is a rehearsal medley of a new death metal project I am playing in. Rehearsal medley for new death metal project...
  7. J.Richardson

James E Richardson....

I am James E Richardson; Drummer/Percussionist/Ethnomusicologist/Composer/Tutor I play drums permanently in a range of projects as well as session playing for many different projects across a wide expanse of styles. I have recently begun my own, personal project, which will become my 'life-long...
  8. J.Richardson

New death metal project video....(Vocalist needed!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kuY_...eature=feedfbc This is a video comprising of a medley of sections taken from 5 original compositions. It is a new project headed by Joe Ryan and his compositions and is currently searching for a capable and versatile vocalist. The genre, which is obvious...
  9. J.Richardson

3 over 2 foot ostinato multi pedal development into free-form improvisation solo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZYeG...eature=related This is a temporary video of James E Richardson playing a 3 over 2 foot ostinato split between different sound sources. The ostinato is used as an initial vamp and developed, with the hands improvising a range of stylistic developments until...
  10. J.Richardson

2 new videos uploaded to my youtube account today....

Two new videos uploaded to my youtube account today. One is a 3 over 2 foot ostinato multi pedal development into free-form improvisation solo and the other is a rehearsal medley of a new death metal project I am playing in. Rehearsal medley for new death metal project...
  11. J.Richardson

The London Drum Show....

Who is going to the London Drum Show in just over a week? It is on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th September. I am going on the Sunday, with clinics from Dave Weckl and Benny Greb. Also about 5 other clinic performances, masterclasses from some players and most drum companies will be there with...
  12. J.Richardson

One of my interpretations of Dave Weckl's track 'Get to it'....

Up on my tube account page now is a new video I uploaded yesterday of me playing dave weckl's track called 'Get to it'. Some sloppy playing in places and pretty bad audio and visual quality but wanted it up for a little while none the less.... Take a look and feedback would be great...
  13. J.Richardson

Multi pedal/sound source....

I have been talking over this with some people over on the George Kollias forum. Is anyone into this stuff to share ideas. It is relatively new to me, but have been working on it alot for the last few months and find it so much fun. I have a 5 pedal/sound source set up now and soon to be...
Back