Search results

1. D

Mixer for full drum miking

Yes, I would better stay under 500$. I just don't know how low I can go without buying something crappy
  2. D

I had a Mackie 1202 VLZ4 on mind for a minimalistic mic-setup. I will start with a 3 mic setup(2 Overheads, 1 for BD) and gradually I'll get some mics for the toms. I think it would make more sense to buy from the start the bigger mixer.
  3. D

Hi everyone ! what mixer would you recommend for a full miked drum-set (1 BD,3 Rack toms,2 Floor toms)? Maybe something that isn't too cheap, but also not at the top (from a Budget prospective)
  4. D

Sonor or DW Maple Set ?

Nice Set ! I am actually thinking of getting that exact same finish
  5. D

Sonor or DW Maple Set ?

haha yeah that's right I am in Germany. That was anyway one more point for Sonor ;)
  6. D

Sonor or DW Maple Set ?

Thank you all for your responses. (I'm leaning towards Sonor ;) ) One more question though. I would take the following size configuration : 20" x 16" Bass Drum 8" x 7" Rack Tom 10" x 8" Rack Tom 12" x 8" Rack Tom 14" x 14" Floor Tom and I would like to add a 16" Floor Tom. Would the 16"x14"...
  7. D

Sonor or DW Maple Set ?

Remo Quicktech Drum Key by far !
  8. D

Sonor or DW Maple Set ?

Hi everyone ! I play at the moment a Sonor Force 1007 Basswood Drum-set. I am considering to upgrading to a Sonor Prolite Maple set. My reason for choosing maple is the balanced sound and its flexibility (I play Rock music at the moment, but who knows what the future brings ;) ) I have heard...
  9. D

Moisture buildup in drum-, cymbal-cases ??

So 2-3 little bags for cymbals, toms, snare and maybe 4-5 for the bass drum should be enough..right?
  10. D

Moisture buildup in drum-, cymbal-cases ??

Hi everyone, let's assume I have a gig and after the gig I put the drums and cymbals into cases (I also firstly put the cymbals into the Cymbag Bags and then in the cymbalhardcase) and leave them in the cases for a couple of days until I set up the drums in my rehearsal room. Would there be a...
  11. D

Minimalistic 2/3 mic selection

Thank you all for the advice ! Although I forgot to ask.. What about the mixer? What would you suggest? Or what company at least?
  12. D

Thanks for the advice on specific products. Too bright might not be my sound. Are ribbon mics warmer sounding? And can they be used as ovearheads? And I guess if I use 2 overheads, they should be exactly the same, right? The D112 would also work on an unported Bass drum head?
  13. D

Hi everyone, I am just stepping into the miking/recording world and since I am right now tight on a budget, after a little bit of research I made, I came to these two microphones. AKG D 112 MKII for the Bass drum AKG C 451 B as an overhead I am thinking maybe later I add one AKG C 451 B...
  14. D

Tuning to the room

Hi everyone ! I've read plenty of times that a drum can sound different on different rooms and that you should tune the drum to the room to sound at its best. I haven't faced that situtation yet, but I'd like to be a little prepared on what to do to make the drums sound better in each room. My...
  15. D

Headphone amplifier for IEM's

What about this amplified feed going to a passive floor wedge. Is that a 3rd scenario?
  16. D

At the time I need the IEM's for rehearsals, but we are now setting up the PA. We will probably be listening all the instruments throught the PA.
  17. D

Thank you all for your responses, but since I have no experience with that kind of stuff I'd like to ask something more : So if I got it right, I will face two scenarios A) taking a signal from a monitor B) taking a line level signal (that one is when the line comes from the main mixer??..)...
  18. D

Hi everyone, I just ordered a pair of IEM's (the "KZ ZS10 Pros" to be specific) and on another old post of mine someone recomended to me that I should get a headphone amplifier. "...Now for in ears, unless your band has a PA then in ears will do you no good. If you do get in ears I would...
  19. D

Determine the note of a head

Hi everyone, I have a kind of a dumb question for you, but as teachers always say "There aren't dumb, only dumb people who don't ask questions". I tune my drums with my ear at the moment. Let's say I found an area where they sound like I want to and I want to document at which note each...
  20. D

Shell material effect on sound

Hallo everyone, i have read that maple drum shells have a fuller and rounder tone, while for example birch drum shells have lower mids and higher highs resulting in a more assertive sound. I was wondering, does this fuller or assertive sound refer to the overtones/ sustain qualities that the...
Back