Search results

1. DPBell

Concert Tom Versatility

Are concert toms suitable for various styles other than pop and rock? Jazz for instance? I am wondering about '70s 3-ply Slingerlands.
  2. DPBell

Help With Snare Drum Tuning

My 1960s Japanese snare drum has a Gibraltar Butt and SC-DLSTO throw-off installed along with Worldmax 16 strand German wires and Coated Ambassador batter and Diplomat Hazy snare side heads. I attached the wires with the included cords. The snares rattle too much after the drum is struck. I...
  3. DPBell

Posting Audio Files

How does one post a short audio clip here?
  4. DPBell

I need a lug screw for a 1960s Japanese snare drum

I do not know the brand name for there is no badge.
  5. DPBell

A Favourite Drum Recording

The Chain: Fleetwood Mac. One of my most favourite snare sounds ever.
  6. DPBell

Inexpensive New Kit With 14 Inch Deep Bass Drum

They seem to be virtually nonexistent. I wonder why?
  7. DPBell

What Era Ludwigs Are These?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Kul4yEtJI&index=41&list=PL73D4CE431CC667C9 I like them a lot!
  8. DPBell

Ambassador vs Diplomat Snare Side Head

What are the uses and merits of each?
  9. DPBell

Tom Configurations

I'm trying to decide between 1 tom tom and 2 floor toms vs 2 tom toms and 1 floor tom. I'm thinking 2 tom toms on a stand so the ride can be closer. Thoughts?
  10. DPBell

Am I using good brushes?

I have Vic Firth WB brushes (heavy gauge wire, telescoping with a metal ring on the end). Are they appropriate?
  11. DPBell

Brush Playing Tips

I get a kick out of playing with brushes. Might anyone have tips to improve my technique?
  12. DPBell

Eames Finetone Snare Drum

Does anyone have experience with one of these? I am considering assembling my own. I'm thinking a 5, 5.5 or 6 inch depth.
Back