Search results

1. Pete Stoltman

Help Identify Sound from Beatles

I'm sure some of you smart folks out there will know this. What is the metallic sounding instrument (played in 16th note pattern) during the verses of Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey. Tried to research it but haven't found a thing. I'm leaning towards brake drum unless...
  2. Pete Stoltman

DW 9900BD Sliding tom mount

Does anyone have experience with the DW 9900BD tom mount? This is the mounting system that would be fitted to the bass drum for double toms. I know "virgin bass drums" are very popular among DW players but I'm kind of an old school guy and like the convenience of having a mount right on the...
  3. Pete Stoltman

Writing a book (not instructional) opinions wanted

For a while now I've been thinking about all the wonderful and wild experiences I've had playing in the music world since 1968. While I'm nowhere near the end of what I believe to be a successful career as a drummer I'm thinking about recording some of those experiences and the best way to do it...
  4. Pete Stoltman

Loose stand collars

Tried to do a search but not seeing one on this topic. I've got several cymbal stands that have loose collars. By this I mean the collar that the tubes or rods slide into. Two of these are on Gibraltar JZ series stands and one is on a Ludwig flat base stand. I know these aren't the highest...
Back