Search results

1. JT1

Heavy metal songs using the 'money beat'

Hello Drummerworld, it has been far too long since I posted on here. I'm looking for some new music to get my fix. If you are a heavy metal type of guy, you'll know what I'm talking about... heavy songs that utilise the money beat at a slow or mid-tempo, crushing riffs and pinch harmonics...
  2. JT1

Judas Priest writing new album

Hell yeah folks I know they aren't for everyone but I do know there are people here that will appreciate this as much as I do. This is the best news ever, I thought once they announced their farewell tour that that was it well it isn't so. I liked Nostradamus a lot but it's not The Priest I...
  3. JT1

Is it me or is this incredibly cheeky?

Hi guys + gals Last night I had a gig at a local pub well (15 minutes away from my house). It was us and another band playing. Well silly me I forgot my cymbals and I told my bass player as he does the sound and supplies the kit, he then went and asked the drummer from the other band if I...
  4. JT1

Strange foot technique problem

Ok so recently I have developed this weird problem with my right foot. When I play constant double bass at mid tempos (around 120-130 bpm and I play heel up) when i drop my foot for the stroke, my heel is hitting the heel plate and affecting my stroke dramatically in terms of power and attack...
  5. JT1

Don't underestimate your throne height

Man as I write this I feel stupid. Tonight was a huge eye opener for me, I'm a huge double bass drumming fan and about 3 years ago I was really happy with my playing, pulling off great patterns at decent speeds and the like. Things changed when I bought another pedal, I loved my iron cobras but...
  6. JT1

Learning your own beats

Hi everyone. I had a revelation last night at band practice, we are in the process of writing and we like to jam and exchange ideas etc. I notice that beats I am playing to songs are actually too hard for me to play fluently however they are parts I want to play to the song. My question to you...
  7. JT1

How far do you sit away from your bass drum?

Now here's a thing, I did a search but didn't find anything on what I was looking for in particular. I have just recently discovered that I like to sit quite far in so that my legs are straight over the pedals as I feel it gives me more control. However when I watch a lot of drumming videos I...
  8. JT1

I need advice guys, please help

Hey everyone I would very much like your opinion on something. Ok so last night I had band practice as usual, everything was great and then our bassist/singer said he would like to put more effort into the band in order to 'give it a shot'. Now it is my dream to play for a living and I know...
  9. JT1

I must apologise for this...

I apologise for this, First Steve Moore and now ladies and gentlemen... Mr Zoltan Chaney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eeDQTvjNwQ&NR=1
  10. JT1

Back pain from playing the gallop

Hi folks I was at band practice last night and we are writing a new song, it pretty much features a galloping rhythm all of the way through which I play throughout the track at about 150-160 bpm, however I found my back hurting after playing the song a couple of times. Now I'm not sure if it is...
  11. JT1

Back problems from playing the gallop

Hi folks I was at band practice last night and we are writing a new song, it pretty much features a galloping rhythm all of the way through which I play throughout the track at about 150-160 bpm, however I found my back hurting after playing the song a couple of times. Now I'm not sure if it is...
  12. JT1

I've finally decided to get lessons

Yep the time has come, i feel that i am stuck in a rut that i can no longer get out of. I want to be able to express myself in different ways and be able to execute things accurately and fluently. I have agreed to one hour a fortnight as he is a busy guy and he will be teaching me to learn...
  13. JT1

Mapex Falcon double pedal

Hi everyone Well as i stated in an earlier thread, i want to sell my Sleishman as it no longer lives up to what i want my pedal to do (mainly because it lacks adjustment options). So i went out on Saturday and bought myself the brand new Mapex Falcon. I have one word for it... outstanding...
  14. JT1

Refusing a gig because of the venue

Hi all Just had a text from my bassist asking to do a gig at a club called 'Jay Jays'. Oh God where to start? First of all the hassle of getting into the venue is bad. I know a few people including myself who have been turned away even with valid ID, laughed at and humiliated by the bouncers...
  15. JT1

No more tom angles for me!

Exactly, i found that having your toms on too much of an angle really affects the rebound. I still play with a slight angle but no where near what it used to be. I also find and i don't know if it is just psychological but the toms really do open up a hell of a lot more when striking them at a...
  16. JT1

I will post some pics of my set up lol. Glad to see i am not the only enlightened drummer here =P!
  17. JT1

'Downgrading' equipment to upgrade your playing

Well now i feel like a fool as i type this as i have done what i thought i would never do. As most of you know or have probably guessed, i own a Sleishman double pedal when i first used it, i fell in love with it but it was more the speed element than anything else (i have learned my lesson...
  18. JT1

Well last night at band practice i thought to myself whilst playing, you know why do my fills feel so difficult to play when i play them and i've had my toms on an angle pretty much during my entire drumming life...until yesterday. I thought what would it be like to play almost flat but not...
  19. JT1

Quarter notes instead of 8th notes

Hi everyone, this problem has been bugging me now for some time and i don't know why i haven't posted about it sooner but i will now. I'm into metal drumming and as a result, a lot of beats i play are quite quick and demanding, one thing i have realised however and i don't know if you all do...
  20. JT1

Worst gig of my life? I think so.

Oh it was a beauty of disappointment. Well where to start first off i played 4 songs with a band that i had only practiced with for 2 hours oh dear. First song and the bass riff starts however i don't hear it start and when i do eventually hear it, i lock in to the wrong part of the riff as the...
Back