Search results

1. azrae1l

What's your latest purchase?

a 14x11 mango burst mapex saturn tom i can't use.... anybody wanna buy a tom?
  2. azrae1l

gong drum head

i'm thinking of converting a bass drum to use as a gong drum just to try something different. never played one before (never really seen one other then pictures) so thought since i have this bass drum i'm not using why not? i know the heads are usually bigger then the shell but i'm not gonna...
  3. azrae1l

in the market for a new kit...

i haven't used this site for a while now, but in the market for a new kit. some of the old online drum shops i used to browse seem to no longer exist. so, who's giving the best deals these days? unless anybody out there wants to sell me some saturn 3's in trans cherry with a 22x20 bass drum...
  4. azrae1l

floor vs. rack tom

i'm getting ready for my next major drum purchase in the next few months. question being: given the same drum shell size, shell construction, same heads, same tuning, mapex saturn kit so iss mounts on floor tom legs and tom mount so same amount of holes drilled in each shell, would there be much...
  5. azrae1l

need some help identifying a kit....

somebody gave (free) me a drum kit and i don't know what it is. they told me it was a mid 90's pearl export but i can't seem to find any pics that match the lugs or any other hardware. it does have pearl sticker type badges but no model or serial numbers.it has 12" & 13" toms 16" floor tom and...
  6. azrae1l

lesser known cymbal companies..

i'm looking at getting a new cymbal set up in the next couple of months. i've went threw sabian, zildjian, paiste, meinl, dream, hammerax, bosphorus & istanbul's websites and i've found some cymbals i like, tried what i can find out at stores when i can but i don't want to buy something i just...
  7. azrae1l

Lose the 'bing' banners, Please! I beg you!

if your gonna do shirts, my suggestion: a picture of bernhard on the front with "i'm not steve gadd, but i DID stay at a holiday inn last night" on the back...
  8. azrae1l

metal drum sticks

my teacher suggested i get some metal drum sticks to do excersizes with to strengthen my left hand but all i can find are signature ahead sticks that are advertised as "negligible weight differences". i assume he wants me to use heavier sticks and that to me sounds like the weight will be fairly...
  9. azrae1l

evans genera dry reso tom heads?

i was shopping around looking for some new heads to try for some different sounds and came across these. don't remember seeing them before the last time i looked. i really like the hd dry on my snare but not sure what effect the dry holes would have on a tom reso.. anybody tried these heads...
  10. azrae1l

suggestion - yeah another one....

unfortunately it appears most of the forum is this way, which is why i thought it would help. even when somebody says "i'm looking to get this sound" still tons of people answer with remo is the best head, no, evans is the best head. thats great and all and i enjoy those posts looking at others...
  11. azrae1l

raw hide drum heads....

i scroll threw craigslist once a day looking for things that catch my eye and every day there's a post from a local guy selling hand made raw hide and calf skin drum heads, real ones not synthetic mind you. not that i want any but i'm really curious what real skins would sound like on a drum...
  12. azrae1l

suggestion - yeah another one....

how about a buying guide? not a gear review, not a comparison between brands and such or anything like that. just a simple (yet not so simple) list fo factors to help people decide what to look for.. drum kits how wood density effects sound hard vs soft vs brass vs. steel and so on...
  13. azrae1l

music and tab/chart sites

i've been looking around the net trying to find a good site or sheet music, transcriptions, charts, tabs, whatever you wanna call it. i need some songs to practice to & my ability isn't good enough to listen to a song and pick out exactly what their doing. i just can't seem to find a site that...
  14. azrae1l

auditon horror stories

kbadd's post about canning band mates got me thinking. tons of stories for bad sacks but i can think of thousands more for bad auditions. you know the one's i'm talking about. the "pros" that show up drunk, can't tune, can't hold a beat, yeah those guys. here's my all time favorite which seems...
  15. azrae1l

how and what to practice...

i know many of you out there are teachers and those that aren't are a wealth of information. i've been going over a lot of things in my head lately and i'm not really sure just how to go about it. i've been taking lessons for about 3 months now, before that it's been probably close to 15 years...
  16. azrae1l

direct link iron cobra???

i don't know how many of you have seen this post since it's not really in the normal spot but i'm really wondering what other people think of this.... http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=717313#post717313
  17. azrae1l

Suggestion- Gear Reviews

yes they are a great resource, but i've often found very brief descriptions of the products (yeah that's the manufactures fault since they write those) and lately the pictures have gotten better, the enlarge thing they did a few years back was a nice improvement and often the manufacturer...
  18. azrae1l

Suggestion- Gear Reviews

if all it was was typing and such it would not use up a whole lot of bandwidth or cost a significant amount. a lot of peoples time compiling info on every single product, on the other hand, could take years. i agree it would be nice to just have a place (you wanna look up a pearl boom stand...
  19. azrae1l

catalina or meridian maples... other?

getting more into this drumming stuff, i'm finding i need more time to practice then what i can drive to the studio for. i'm debating on getting a second kit for my house and these 2 kits seem to get the best reviews but threw all the posts on here i can't seem to find a direct comparison...
  20. azrae1l

mesh head question

i'm considering getting mesh heads for an old crap kit i have to use at my house for practicing. i've read all the posts on here about mesh heads but haven't really seen an answer to my questions. no stores around here carry them so i really can't even look at them first. for all you people...
Back