Search results

1. S

Hanging Floor Tom

Hi, I recently purchased a Pdp CX kit for $200. The kit has a 14 inch hanging "floor" tom. I think it sounds fine. I am curious why many people seem to dislike hanging "floor" toms?
  2. S

Yamaha Flying Dragon Double Pedal

Hi, I bought a Flying Dragon double pedal used. The left side pedal angle is a little less steep than the right. It is not ideal. I tried to fix it by looking at the chain and the cam, but I cannot see how I can adjust the level of the left pedal. Help?
  3. S

Groove Essentials

Hello, Any feedback on the Tommy Igoe Groove Essentials books? I am considering purchasing them as a Christmas gift for myself. I have heard they are really good because they have drumless tracks. I have also they are not so good because the streaming is not great. Thanks.
  4. S

Recording

Hi, I am looking for a low cost way to record both audio and visual. I am not looking to post the videos, I only want to record to review them for myself. My smart phone recordings do not sound very good. Suggestions? Thank you, Sean
  5. S

Nrw dw5000 Turbo Pedal

Bought the new dw5000 turbo pedal. The pedal arrived last week. Fantastic! Smoothest I have ever played.
  6. S

Bass Drum Lifts

Hi, I have tried adjusting my bass drum pedal but it still does not lie flat on my rug. This leads to my bass drum lifting slightly when I use my pedal. Suggestions please. Thanks, Sean
  7. S

Tunebot Studio

Hello Has anyone used the Tunebot studio? If so, please leave a few comments on what you liked or did not like. Thank you.
  8. S

Ride Cymbal Approach

Hi, I have had two drum Teachers who have totally different ideas about how to strike the ride cymbal. One Teacher said to play off the ride cymbal. The other Teacher (more of a Jazz guy) says to play through the ride cymbal. Anybody want to comment? Please do. Thanks, Sean
  9. S

Roxul in your Bass Drum

Hello, I am going to try putting a shallow piece of Roxul Safe n Sound in a pillow case in my 22 inch bass drum for dampening. Let you know how (if) it works.
  10. S

Acoustic Foam Dampening

Hi, Has anyone ever used an acoustic foam panel as a bass drum dampener? If so, how did you place it in the bass drum and how did it sound? Thanks, Sean
  11. S

Syncopated Rolls for the Modern Drummer

I have began lessons with a new Teacher. I was looking to take my drumming more into a Jazz direction. This Teacher has me using the Jim Blackley's book Syncopated Rolls for the Modern Drummer. Very different than my other drum books. Anyone have experience using this book? Thanks.
  12. S

Finally, My Fave Drumsticks

I know the choice of drumsticks is a highly personal choice and the only "correct", choice is the pair you choose. After trying out many brands, sizes, tips etc etc I have found my go to drumsticks. Promark American Hickory Pro Round TXPR5AW.
  13. S

Evans Hydraulic Heads

Hi, I want to replace the stock heads on a Tama Swingstar kit I picked up used. Looking for a classic/hard rock sound. Thinking about Evans hydraulic heads. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Sean
  14. S

Vic Firth VKB5 Pedal

Hi, Anyone own the Vic Firth VKB5 bass drum pedal? It looks interesting. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Sean
  15. S

RTOM Gel Workout Pad

Looking for feedback on the RTOM Gel workout pad. There is a 7 inch version and now a 14 inch version. Has anyone used one? Are they worthwhile? I understand they are designed to give you less of a bounce to increase strength and stamina in your hands. I am working on my doubles...
  16. S

Evans EQ Pad

Hello, Has anyone tried the evans EQ bass drum muffle pad? If so, thoughts? I am trying to figure out what to use to muffle my 20 inch bass drum. I have coated heads on the toms (10,12,14) and plan to use the kit (Yamaha Gigmaker) on small, quieter gigs. Thanks, Sean
  17. S

Bring on the Night

Hello, can anyone break down the hi hat pattern Stewart Copeland plays on Bring on the Night please? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  18. S

Plateau

Hi, I have been playing about 3 years now. Started at age 52. It may be just my perception but not only have I seemed to have plateaud, I seem to be getting worse. Again, maybe it is my perception or heightened expectations. Has anyone ever had the same feeling? Thanks.
  19. S

Online Course

Hello, I have been taking lessons for two years and a bit. My present Instructor has stopped teaching. I was thinking about an online course. So many out there with so many great drummers. Any advice from someone who has benefited from an online course would be appreciated. Thanks Sean
  20. S

Roxul Safe N Sound

Hello, Has anyone used Roxul Safe N Sound to reduce noise? I am thinking of putting it in the ceiling in my unfinished basement above my drum set. If you have used it and recommend it please add any installation details. Thank you.
Back