Search results

1. J

Sam ash and Guitar center buying used drums

Will Sam Ash or GC buy a used electric drum set? I am lookin to sell the Roland td-4sx which was 1400 new when I bought it. Will they buy gear like this, and do they give cash?
  2. J

Should I stay at community college

I am a drummer who goes to a college that is classically oriented, so as a percussion major I'm studying mallets and percussion. I am a jazz drummer though and think I might be taking to much time away from my main instrument; drum set. I am thinking about trying out for other schools that have...
  3. J

Zildjian cymbal choice for jazz

Can someone recommend a Zildjian ride cymbal that would go well with a Jazz trio or quartet setting, for a main ride. Something with stick definition and not a lot of overtones and sustain.
  4. J

Gretsch bass drum

Does anyone have a Gretsch Catalina jazz 18x14 that you are willing to sell?
  5. J

Jazz bass drum

Does anyone know online where I can buy a small bass drum, something like an 18x14 bass drum? I'm looking for something in the $200-300 price range.
  6. J

Jazz cymbals

Can someone recommend Zildjian ride cymbals with good stick definition, light with nice definition and clarity, and spread?
  7. J

Jazz cymbal

Can someone help me identify a cymbal. In the Jonathan Kreisberg album, titled "trioing", featuring Ari Hoenig on drums, Hoenig uses a cymbal that he hits and it has a sustained, mellow sizzle that sounds great. Can someone tell me what he might be using? I don't think it is a ride cymbal but...
  8. J

Jazz sizzle cymbals

Can anyone link me to some Zildjian cymbals that have the "sizzle" sound that sustain?
  9. J

Bass drum heads

Can anyone recommend a bass drum head and a resonant head that is good for a jazz setting?
  10. J

Selling drum kits

Does anyone know the best way to sell an acoustic drum set and an electric drum set?
  11. J

Ari Hoenig - anthropology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QeW8gKf07U Does anyone Know how Ari Hoenig plays the anthropology melody on his toms? thanks.
  12. J

Drum solo in movie

Out of curiosity, does anyone know who actually played the drum solo that the actor plays in the movie "Step Brothers"; It happens near the end of the movie.
  13. J

Cleaning V drums

Is it ok to clean a Roland v drum kit with windex? The cymbals need to be cleaned up as well as the inner rims of the drums.
  14. J

multi-rod sticks for softer setting

I am looking for a good pair of multi-rod sticks for an indoor jazz setting. can anyone recommend a good choice?
  15. J

Electric drums on carpet

I just got a roland kit and was worried I would need a mat under it. The carpet in my room is there so I dont see a purpose for a mat. It recommends a roland mat in the manuel , but that is just in case of floor damage. Plus the mats are really expensive. Is it ok to put the kit on the carpet?
  16. J

Roland HD-1 electric set

I have been looking at the roland hd1 kit for practice and playing at night because i'm tight on money as usual. Does anyone know about, or have played this kit? can you hook it up to your computer...
  17. J

Practice on pad...

When I cant practice sometimes on the drums I'm forced to practice on the pad. Can you still progress if you practice on the pad, i know you cant really practice independence doing that , but drummers are forced to sometimes. Does anyone know any good exercises for hand technique, or...
  18. J

Accents and rebounds

Does anyone have accents and rebounds, the follow up to stick control? I was going to get it but was not sure if I would get anything out of it since I have had stick control. Is it just basic rolls and rudiments? or is there some good material in the book?
  19. J

Drum Throne

Does anyone know if this is a comfortable seat? and can anyone tell me how low this seat can go inch wise? http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibraltar-All-Access-Drum-Throne-with-Accessories?sku=490048
  20. J

computer chair

does anyone use a computer chair for drumming? I don't have a good drum throne and I don't have money to buy a seat, so I'm going to try using the computer chair.
Back