Search results

1. Tamaefx

whats your fav drum head

Code are really fine skins - It's getting more and more popular. In France we also get Heats : https://www.heats.fr/en/ - Never tried though. About the pole I'm surprised by Aquarian, I thought it was more popular than that, very reliable drumheads.
  2. Tamaefx

A really REALLY stupid idea

I would think of small holes, like the ones found on DW reso heads. A big hole, I’d be afraid of breakage. My 2 batter heads on my Signia are « ported » in a way, EVANS EQ1, micro ported all around the edge. It works fine.
  3. Tamaefx

whats your fav drum head

Maybe it's more a European thing, but CODE is missing from the pole : https://www.codedrumheads.co.uk/ It's been a year that I'm playing them after playing Evans for ages. The first argument was the price, sure, but I have no complaint, sound / durability. The choice is limited but I have...
  4. Tamaefx

Custom camco/tama pedal? Had it since 80/90s

It's not like the Rogers system. I did play a Capelle a long time ago; it doesn't play as nice as a good old Camco, the footboard is in plastic, very large. There are 2 chains / springs, it's not very powerful, smooth but not powerful.
  5. Tamaefx

Custom camco/tama pedal? Had it since 80/90s

It looks like a custom mix between a Camco and a Capelle. The Capelle was very popular in France around the 80's. This pedal is the exact opposite of the speed king ; simplicity vs complexity...
  6. Tamaefx

Home vs gig

I like gigs, definitely. Small or less small, even I’m kind of nervous before, I like this tension, I like seeing people reacting to the sound, I like the atmosphere.
  7. Tamaefx

whats your second instrument? (If you have one.)

Does voice count?
  8. Tamaefx

So what is it with the cheaper snare drums?

Nobody likes the Renown snare ???
  9. Tamaefx

So what is it with the cheaper snare drums?

I have had couple of steel snare cheap or not ; and the main gauging criteria is - IMO - the weight. A heavy and more rigid shell can sound very nice, a cheap light steel shell, almost bendable, will NEVER sound good. My experience, Tama Rockstar steel against Tama metalwork steel 14x6,5 / 8...
  10. Tamaefx

Your Favorite Drum Intros

Deep purple Fireball
  11. Tamaefx

BURN drum cover - 3 cams

Nailed : impressive job. Bravo.
  12. Tamaefx

Tamaefx Premier Signia

Just a look in the mirror, on the variety of kits I owned. A lot of Tama first A white Rockstar, kind of yellowish. With bongoes as small toms. A black Rockstar in better shape than the former with a second bass drum from a stencil kit and a Free floating brass snare. A blue abalone Rockstar, 6...
  13. Tamaefx

Well, I thought I was going to escape Remo's poor QC with Evans...

The last Remo I played was CS on my snare, coating went smooth (almost fled) after 1 rehearsal / 1 concert. The coating wasn't grainy even enough brand new. I like the sound and feel of Remo though, it seems that coating isn't alway well applied sometimes..
  14. Tamaefx

I like them a lot so far! First: they are less expensive than Remo/Evans. Second: great coating. It’s less thick than Evans but as durable. Much much better than Remo. Third: sound. The choice is limited compared to the 3 giants, but I found what I need. And the sound is great. Very easy to...
  15. Tamaefx

List your Cymbal brands preferences

Sabian all the way. But I have a sweet spot for UFIP I kind of like some Paiste. And Zildjian Avedis Anyway as long as you put the price, any maker build good cymbals.
  16. Tamaefx

Evans need to be seated though they don’t crack like remos. On toms and bass drum, I don’t jump on it like Simon Philips does, I just tighten a lot more than it should and leave the head well stretched like this for a few hours. And then loosen and start all over for fine tuning. With one key...
  17. Tamaefx

What's the easiest song you have a hard time playing?

The same here, and it's a song I'm fed up with so I'm never very implied when I play it.
  18. Tamaefx

Does detailing and re-heading help a kit to sell, or is it a waste of time and money?

Beaten heads or worse, beaten and unmatched, full of gaffa are a no way selling point. Also, bass drum front head with sticker, porthole cut with a kitchen knife…. On a photographic point of view, heads are visually a big part of a drum kit, 50%. Especially on a snare drum/ bass drum. And the...
  19. Tamaefx

Drum Heads

When I had my renown, I tried clear G1, too ringy, coated G1 : perfect match.
Back