Search results

1. B

Shortboard Pedal Similar to Speed Cobra?

Does anyone know of a shortboard pedal similar to the speed cobra? The pedal is great, but the only thing I can't get used to is the longboard. It seems like I can't get a good handle for the sweet spot of the pedal. Other than that, I love the smooth feel of it.
  2. B

Problems with drum teacher

So I've had about four or five drum lessons so far after being self taught for a long time. My teacher has had me working through stick control, practicing with different dynamics, and using legato, staccato, and Moeller. He also wants me to apply them on the drum set. Easy enough. The problem...
  3. B

Wrist stroke or Gladstone Stroke for beginners?

In everyone's opinion, is it more important to learn the wrist stroke or the Gladstone stroke first? From what I've observed, teachers like Mike Johnston promote the wrist stroke, while teachers like Bill Bachman promote learning Gladstone. As a beginner, specifically for drumset, I'm trying to...
  4. B

Bill Bachman Praise

So tonight I took my first skype lesson with Bill, and it was awesome. He made a huge difference in my technique in just a half hour. One notable thing is that I have been working on the free stroke for weeks, and with his help, I finally started playing it in less than an hour. Can't recommend...
  5. B

Online Lessons?

Can anybody recommend good online drum lessons? I'm between mikes lessons and stephens drum shed, and I'm also open to any suggestions. I'm self taught but I'd really like to start from the basics, so that I can learn correct techniques, grips, how to hold the sticks, etc. I would get local...
  6. B

Chain drive pedals similar to direct drive feel?

Does anyone know of a chain drive pedal similar in feel to an Axis AL2 longboard? It might be a long shot but I have both Iron Cobra Powerglide and axis double pedal. They're both awesome, but I'm not a huge fan of the powerglide cam and how heavy they feel. I started out on the Pearl P902...
  7. B

Double Bass- metronome along with playing songs?

Question mainly for double bass drummers, but all opinions are welcome. I'm playing daily to a metronome trying to increase speed, but to break up the monotony, I'm playing along to songs too. Problem is, some of the songs I want to play are above my max bpm. I have an app that let's me slow...
  8. B

Double Bass Problems

I know this thread has been covered before, but I thought I'd post my own particular problem, because I really need help. My max range on double bass is 16ths is about 110 bpm. I can hit 120, but I'm all over the place when I do. Accidental flamming, my feet are sliding all over the pedals, and...
  9. B

Suggestions on Pedals

I know this has been mentioned on many threads before, but I'm getting a new double pedal and can't decide between the Trick Dominator and axis AL2L. I have an Iron Cobra Powerglide, and while its a very good pedal, its a little too heavy for me. I was curious about the Trick Bigfoot before...
  10. B

Suggestions on Pedals

I know this has been mentioned on many threads before, but I'm getting a new double pedal and can't decide between the Trick Dominator and axis AL2L. I have an Iron Cobra Powerglide, and while its a very good pedal, its a little too heavy for me. I was curious about the Trick Bigfoot before...
  11. B

Open-handed lefty on right handed kit

Hey everyone I have a dilemma I would like some opinions on if possible. I am 28 year old self taught drummer and have been playing since I was 9 or 10. The only lessons I ever really had were on how to do a basic 4/4 rock beat and single stroke roll across the kit. Anyway, it only recently hit...
Back