Search results

1. T

I want to make a gong drum

Thinking about getting a cheap kick drum and turning it into a gong drum. Tips? Advice?
  2. T

My brand new Tama Starclassic b/b!

I'm a long time guitar player that is getting in to drums. I am just getting started on building my kit. Does this setup look bad to you? I have really short legs and arms (I'm 5'8) and this setup feels really comfortable to me to move around the kit.
  3. T

Where to get Starclassic gold logo bass drum head?

Can't seem to find one anywhere. Need a 22". Help?
  4. T

The Drumeo website/courses

I am a novice and am looking to dive into a good lesson system. Do any of you recommend the Drumeo website/Edge membership? It looks to be pretty enjoyable. I am looking to learn the RIGHT way by learning to read transcription, etc.
  5. T

Practice setup for low volume settings

Was going to get the Zildjian low volume cymbals and silent stroke heads along with a pair of Mackie MR8 powered studio monitors and a subwoofer. Think this will work well if I just want to practice songs, etc? I want a set up that sounds really good as it certainly adds to the overall...
  6. T

Will Tama make additional toms with a discontinued finish?

I want an 18" maple floor tom in tequila sunrise finish. Will Tama make these?
  7. T

Tama Starclassic Maple Tequila Sunrise

Should I be able to update the tom mounts to the current Starclassic star cast mounting system?
  8. T

Tips for a beginner to learn the right way

I'm 33, was in drum line in high school, and played guitar in bands for years. Now I am going to get serious about drums and really want to learn the best, most clean habits I can. I play rock music but felt I should start with a single pedal so I can develop my right foot speed and hat skills...
  9. T

Tama Starclassic Maple Tequila Sunrise

I found one locally for $899. What years was this finish in production? These had to have been made in Japan, yes? Any other interesting tidbits you know about it? Thanks!
Back