Search results

1. MustangMick

What are your ‘Pro tips’?

Always be nice to the sound tech and venue crew. Arrive earlier than the rest of the band for easier stage setup Mick
  2. MustangMick

Looking for a smoother china cymbal

Always have a look at some of the cheaper options for China cymbals Sabian 20" B8 Pro China (there was also an 18" version) Thinnest Chinese cymbal I own Mick
  3. MustangMick

Tree House nesting kit

3" diameter difference will work, it just depends on your Small tom bracket size/FT leg brackets. For mine it was 4" apart to allow room for a fleece blanket liner between each. 10"x8",14"x12",18"x14" A 12" deep drum will nest inside a 14" deep outer drum. So a 2" difference there. Also if you...
  4. MustangMick

Tree House nesting kit

For a second I thought that was a Renault Twizy... Mick
  5. MustangMick

Tree House nesting kit

Apologies for the repeat photos. Gigged this again last night. 1 trip load-in and out. 1.6mm hoops and small lugs will help cut down on the weight (10"x8",14"x12",18"x14" in a Fibre case - 32 pounds) Mick
  6. MustangMick

Question about spectrum analyzer and frequency of CD audio.

With age the frequency range of your hearing reduces so most adults upper limit is around 18Khz. Yes with Nyquist the upper limit on CDs is 20,050hz. T The difference between CD players is the design of the upper frequency audio filter, as a poor design may cause harmonics in the audible audio...
  7. MustangMick

Ten years ago was Drummerworld busier

Still prefer Forums to FB groups. (late 50s so old numerically if not mentally....) The search function available on forums has been a great help. On FB the same questions get asked every few days.... Mick
  8. MustangMick

Roc N Soc Round or Tractor ?

Tractor seat for me. I store the throne top in a 16" Bodhran bag Mick
  9. MustangMick

Drum rack help

And each additional clamp on a round bar, adds more weight. Used to use a Gibraltar rack but if I was doing it again i'd go with a curved Pearl Icon rack. Mick
  10. MustangMick

Sparkle Kits?

Orange Sparkle drums. At the time I was placing the original order my thoughts were Purple Sparkle or Yellow Sparkle. Glad I went with the Orange in the end. Mick
  11. MustangMick

Clothing - Dress Code for Drummers

No shorts or sandals on a gig. (Its just a terrible image to portray) Jeans/Trousers - Plain Black t-shirt or dark shirt. T shirt under a shirt helps catch the perspiration. Mick
  12. MustangMick

Drummers World Nesting Kit

Dave on a Hip Gig Mick
  13. MustangMick

35lbs in a LeBlond Fibre case. I have Mini Beavertail lugs on mine, but small Cube lugs may shave another 1-2 lb off? Mick
  14. MustangMick

Gary Noonan (UK Drum Builder) 10x8, 14x12 FT, 18x14 BD (Mahogany /Poplar with 1.6mm hoops) Less weight with a big sound. 1 trip load in - Extra bag on top of the hand cart is for a Bodhran/Shakers Cheers Mick
  15. MustangMick

Zildjian entering the E-kit competition

Mike Snyder (previously R&D at ATV and Roland) is involved with this Looking forward to seeing the results Mick
  16. MustangMick

Would you cancel your sub?

I agree, let the sub play. There'll be a next time you might need their help, or they need yours. Music is a long game. Mick
  17. MustangMick

Do you know any famous song that is 4/4 but in choruses its 3/4?

Its not strict tempo there but you could think of it as 4 bars of 4/4, with the last 4/4 run up, as the tempo guide for the 3/4 chorus. Always a fun song to play, as that "fortunately" section can be stretched out. Mick
  18. MustangMick

Do you know any famous song that is 4/4 but in choruses its 3/4?

One of my favourite songs to play. 4/4 (Verse) 3/4 (Chorus) and 2 different tempos. Mick
  19. MustangMick

Downsizing in changing times

Thankyou - Keller Mahogany/Poplar shells (Wax Finish), no re-rings. (Just the reinforcing ring at the join.) - 10x8,14x12 ft,18x14 BD The top case on the cart is for a Bodhran/Small Percussion. So in reality, just for the drumkit, it would be 1 less in height. Bass case is approx. 35lbs...
  20. MustangMick

Downsizing in changing times

Looks great. I'm almost there at 10,14,18BD (Nesting) to do the taxi test. Mick
Back