Search results

1. The Bassist

Transcribing help needed

Hey, I don't post much around here anymore (which I should), but if anyone can help me transcribe this song it would be greatly appreciated. I started trying to map it out in a sequencer to help me, but I quickly realized it wasn't in 6/8 like I thought, but 11 something and I can't quite...
  2. The Bassist

Forgetting concerts

This thought has been on my mind for a while, but when listening to a song today from a band I saw live with my friend/guitarist, I asked him if they played that song live, and was reminded of this. It took several minutes before either of us could come up with an answer, and we still had...
  3. The Bassist

Mbira tines

Hello, I haven't really posted anything on these forums for a long time, so I think I'm going to start up again, starting with this question: So recently I've discovered the Array Mbira on YouTube and want one myself. However, on discovery of the rediculous pricing of $2000+, I have decided...
  4. The Bassist

Just got a cymbal for free!

Went to jam with my dad and his friend yesterday at his friends house for a change. His friend had a drum kit for me to use, but he never played himself. I found a cymbal that I liked, a 20 inch Paiste Rude Ride/Crash, and I simply asked if he'd consider selling it to me and he just let me...
  5. The Bassist

Song in progress

Hey all, So, yeah, it's probably implied that this forum is for drums, but it's called your playing, and this is me playing :P This is a song I started on yesterday, and the drums in it are entirely sequenced for the time being, but I thought I'd share one of my solo songs since no one seems...
  6. The Bassist

New song

Hey all! I haven't really been so active on these forums lately ( I get rather forum shy... this is the only forum I've not stopped going to, even when not posting) so I kind of feel bad about posting this asking for input when I haven't been responding to other's videos much, but I will start...
  7. The Bassist

Replacing heads soon, need an opinion

First off, I apologize in advance if this has been asked before, which I'm sure it has, but when I went to search I didn't know what to search for to get results I needed. So I've had the same batter heads on my drum kit for probably close to a year, and the resos... well they haven't changed...
  8. The Bassist

What's happening to my playing?

I really hope this is a problem I can get over quickly, but I guess I'm also wondering if this is something that happens that is common. As of the last half hour-ish of last band practice (Sunday) my double bass abilities died for some reason. I don't use double bass too much in our music, and...
  9. The Bassist

New song/gig

Hey all! My band played another gig, same place as the last, so I figured I would post it. First song is one that I just recently "finished" writing the music and words for (been in the works for more than a year now), but I still haven't figured out a good drum beat for the intro, so it sounds...
  10. The Bassist

Website behavior suggestion

I guess it depends on your browser... I've got firefox, and rather than new windows, I get new tabs which are a big plus for me. When viewing a video or checking on an older thread from a link, I like to be able to have the thread I came from right there and not having to wait for it to reload...
  11. The Bassist

Band's last gig.

Hello guys. This is my first post showing any of my work. I played a show last weekend, so I figured I'd post it here for some other drummers to critique/discuss it. I have been playing drums for almost 2 and a half years (started October 2007), so I'm not perfect in timing, but I think I'm...
  12. The Bassist

Quick question about the Pearl TW122

... or rather the TW-120 with the 121 added. I've been wondering for a while, and I haven't found anything through searching, but is it possible to adjust the angle of the foot boards? I'm not much of a double bass player, but I do use it from time to time, and it's beginning to frustrate me a...
  13. The Bassist

Fixing some headphones.

Hey guys. This has been an issue for a while, but I'm starting to get pretty frustrated about this. Been having trouble with some Sony MDR-7506 headphones. Not quite sure how much they were as they were a gift for x-mas (I guess a quick google could help heh), but I know they're quite...
  14. The Bassist

Help identifying drumset

Hello. I have had this Premier drum set for a while now, originally borrowing it from the owner, and recently purchasing it. I want to, in the future, get some addition toms for the kit, but I'm having a hard time finding out much about it. What I know is the kit is roughly 20 years old and...
Back