Search results

1. Rattlin' Bones

Nashville Drum Show!

You are so West Coast, Bo. What's Nelson's? OMG!!!!! I'll be in LA next week. Someone told me to check out a thing called Hollywood Bowl. What's that? Seriously, if you have time, Forks and Nelson's you'd love, Bo. Check them out. Nelson's is vintage and classic driven. Fun for sure!!!!!
  2. Rattlin' Bones

NGD: British Drum Company Imp Kit

Love it. Come on JDA. There's a regular gig every Sunday here that kit is perfect for. Taking a small kit to ultra-small gigs is more the norm than the exception these days. I can think of dozens of small venues here in Louisville. A few in Cincinnati, too.
  3. Rattlin' Bones

You Can Play a Canopus Kit Anywhere

Pic set up at home for jazz practice last nite. Using a Sabian HH suspended 20" with 2 rivets for main ride, Paiste 602 flat ride, Istanbul Agop extra-super-duper-paper-thin 16" hats, and an absolutely amazing drop dead beautiful multi talented Sakae Beech snare.
  4. Rattlin' Bones

I guess add-on's in sizes they make. I see 8x10 8x12 9x13 14x14 and 16x16. I sent them a message within last few months and they responded yes the 9x13 was available but it was something like 6-9 months I don't recall exactly. But.....why are you asking? Do you have a Canopus kit now?
  5. Rattlin' Bones

There are some add-on toms you can get, but looking at web site they are not in-stock items and require a long time to produce.
  6. Rattlin' Bones

No - just the pics. I had plenty of room. First thing I do at any gig is put my stool where I want it, giving me 1 foot+ at least from back wall (1 foot from back leg of stool) so I can adjust between tunes if needed. Usually I give myself even more. There was a shelf back there I could put...
  7. Rattlin' Bones

It's the 4th gig I think. It was hard to hear kick behind kit, but a few iPhone videos my wife did the kick was very evident. I think if I tuned kick batter lower it would project better. That being said, a kick mic might be something to consider. But it's another thing to carry in and out...
  8. Rattlin' Bones

My first 4 hour gig in a while. 4 sets. Three 20 minute breaks. We were a little short on time first set, but 2nd set was a bit longer that expected. Last two sets were good timing.
  9. Rattlin' Bones

Yeah our blues harp player is pretty darn good, and yeah he has a lotta harps.
  10. Rattlin' Bones

Canopus 18/14/12 Yaiba at blues gig last nite.
  11. Rattlin' Bones

What's your favorite snare drum TODAY?

I don't dig the totally transparent much as far as looks. But man, regardless of color transparency or opaqueness, they play well. Honestly, after reading a lot about them, I didn't expect a Vistalite to be this multi-dimensional, easy to tune, and sound so darn good. And it's sensitive - you...
  12. Rattlin' Bones

Blue Vistalite, my current favorite snare because it does so many things so well, at tonight's blues band gig:gig
  13. Rattlin' Bones

My snare didn’t like gross grain ribbon.

Hmm...yeah I could see that happening more with ribbon than cord. Never thought about it.
  14. Rattlin' Bones

Polk Salad promo video

Any jams in your area? I know a lot of musicians hook up in jams. Maybe you goto a jam and play, there is a good guitar player there, maybe a bass. They're not playing with anybody else and they wanna start a gigging band. That sorta thing. For our blues band it was an ad that got us together...
  15. Rattlin' Bones

I have two Vistalites. One green and a blue. They're just your standard new Vistalites. I'd like to buy a purple, too, I think they look cool. Here is the green. It's a vibrant almost lime green.
  16. Rattlin' Bones

All are acrylic plastic. Some opaque and not transparent. I like the colored transparent.
  17. Rattlin' Bones

Might surprise everyone - but it's a 5x14 Vistalite. With proper heads top and bottom it has many tunings it does well. I swear I could take it to a jazz gig the day after playing a blues gig and it would work with both genres. I think they get a bad rap for being one dimensional. It's just not...
  18. Rattlin' Bones

Polk Salad promo video

I'm lucky in that our blues band are super hard working dudes everybody is on same page working to improve musically, promote, and book gigs. Our front and blues harp player has done many of our bookings, and I have done some, too. I handle most of the social media. Our guitar player...
Back