Search results

1. Erberderber

What's The Drummer Hitting?

I've been listening to a lot of little known British singer Polly Paulusma recently, with some of her stuff featuring quirky percussion and odd time signatures. I'd like to share one of her songs and leave you to try to figure out what the drummer is using instead of hats or a ride. I can't...
  2. Erberderber

The Only Covers I Want To Play Are....

....songs no-one else has heard of. Anyone else feel like this?
  3. Erberderber

How Negligent Were You With Gear When You Started Out?

Looking back at my first couple of years of gigging during the '90s, I cringe at how much I left to chance. 1. I played with cracked cymbals as they were all I had and couldn't afford new ones. 2. I didn't even think to have any other sticks on stand-by in case one flew off. 3. I gigged for...
  4. Erberderber

Aquarian Performance 2 Clears Not All The same?

I have Aquarian Performace 2s on my 12, 13 and 16 toms, but they aren't all the same. First of all, each one has a different logo, but the main difference is the heads themselves. The 12 and16 look sort of misty like those frosted glass panels you get in offices, while the 13 is perfectly clear...
  5. Erberderber

Programmed Beats That Have Insipred Your Drumming

I was practicing earlier, and realised as I was playing that the beats I was imitating weren't actually played by a drummer. I have to say that 'In Between' (2002) by Jazzanova is an album that really gave a new dimension to my drumming when it came out and there is no actual playing on any of...
  6. Erberderber

Tama Speed Cobra Double Pedal Case Makes a Great Cajon!

I was sorting through my gear the other day as I''m moving house soon and made an interesting discovery.The robust plastic case of my Tama Speed Cobra double pedal is strong enough to sit on and you can get a wide variety of sounds out of it! I'm actually no great fan of cajons and have gone...
  7. Erberderber

The reason my bandmate won't buy his own guitar amp + cab

He says that if he is going to play at a "serious reputable" venue, then they will be well equipped with all the necessary gear. So does that mean that none of us should be prepared to have a kit ready to take to gigs??? He has criticized those venues that don't supply anything at all, which...
  8. Erberderber

How Do I Tell Them I'm Leaving?

Hi all, I play in a couple of bands, one for 5 years and the other for 3. However, it's looking extremely likely (almost certain), that I will be moving abroad in September. I'm looking forward to the new start but for me, the only downside will be having to leave the bands I play in. It's a...
  9. Erberderber

My Bag Of Tricks Came in Handy Last Night

I have a little pouch that I take to rehearsal rooms and gigs that contains little metal pieces I might need in case of an emergency and last night I really needed it. I was told the venue would be supplying the shells and stands and that I had to bring the rest. When I got there, the cymbal...
  10. Erberderber

Is counting in during songs unprofessional?

Hi all, I played a little gig last weekend and at our rehearsal last night, our singer told me that I have to stop clicking my sticks and counting in when we have little stops during songs. He says we look like amateurs and that no serious top bands do that. Really? I'm pretty sure tons of...
  11. Erberderber

Lockdown Video

The cover band I play in have been keeping busy stuck at home during the lockdown in Milan making backing tracks for each other to play along to. One came together so well that we ended up mixing it up nicely and making a video to go with it. Yes of course we're miming, but it isn't far from...
  12. Erberderber

2 Great Drumless Albums

Just thought I'd let you know about a couple of albums I discovered fairly recently. They have no drums on them so they are perfect for working on creativity and accuracy. Hope you like them as much as I do.
  13. Erberderber

Band Album

Hello again, I recently posted a video by one of the bands I play in. Here is a link to the whole album if you fancy a listen. It was mostly recorded live on the floor over 2 days and apart from a few niggles here and there, we're pretty happy with it...
  14. Erberderber

Band Video

Hello there, one of the bands I play in recorded a live-on-the-floor album last month and we've made a video for one of the tracks. This is the first time I've posted my playing on here. Enjoy!
  15. Erberderber

Video: New Music Is Better Than Old Music: This Is Why

Anyone seen this vid? There is a part specifically about drums at around 9.30. Interested to get your views on it.
  16. Erberderber

Roland SPD SX Problems

Hi all, I purchased a Roland SPD SX special edition (the red one) a month or so ago after giving up on my Alesis sample pad after just 6 months. I therefore thought that all my sample pad woes were over, but I was wrong. There are a couple of things that happen with the SPD SX that are...
  17. Erberderber

My new less than usual set up

I've stumbled my way into a new band and they want to be suitable for small venues and asked for a set up that was bigger than a cajon and smaller than a full kit. We're doing mainly '80s pop/rock covers so I've come up with this and it seems to be working really well. I don't use the pad on...
  18. Erberderber

Trigger to Sample Pad Compatibility Question

I'm considering getting a clip-on trigger for my bass drum and would ideally like to connect it up to my Alessis Sample pad 4, which has a trigger input. Does anybody know which model of trigger would be compatibile? I fear that Roland triggers only work with Roland modules/pads.
  19. Erberderber

Hey Joe: Great drumming or overplaying?

Hey Joe by Hendrix came on the radio the other day and it was the first time I'd heard it in a good while. I remember marveling at it as a kid, impressed with all those fills, but now as I'm approaching 40, maybe my tastes have changed. As I listened the other day, I couldn't help feeling that a...
  20. Erberderber

I recorded my drums without setting them up and this is the result.

As I mentioned on the main forum, due to restrictions in my apartment, I decided to record my drums piece by piece (without setting them up) and then make a drum track out of them. Here is the result. Let me know if one could be fooled into thinking there was a person behind a kit playing it...
Back