Search results

1. C

Is it only Paiste cymbals that have a protective spray coating applied to them?

I was thinking of cleaning my Meinl Byzance cymbals - but if they have a spray coating on them similar to Paiste cymbals, then they might be ruined by cleaning... Thanks in advance for any replies....
  2. C

Black Panther Hammered Brass: 5.5" or 6.5"?

...as the title says really - has anyone heard both of them played, and which was better? Can the 6.5" get anywhere near the 5.5"'s attack? thanks
  3. C

Looking for a bright, 'clangy' snare...?

I'm looking for a bright metal-shelled 14" snare which won't choke with high tuning and will produce a distinctive 'clang' of metal with each backbeat. Can anyone recommend such a snare (my band plays indie pop and hardcore punk, if that helps) - and has anyone heard the Tama Spartan, and, if...
  4. C

Quick question about everybody's snares...

If you look at the hoop on the snare side head of your snare drum, are some of the tension rods dug further in than others? Or are they all in at exactly the same depth (we're talking millimeters)? And if they're not all in exactly the same does that mean your snare drum isn't properly...
  5. C

How do you avoid damaging the bearing edges of snare drums?

Hi I have a metal snare drum and I was wondering whether or not slightly uneven tuning would damage the bearing edges by causing them to dent and deform (ie. if the hoop is aligned with the head and everything but the tensioning screws attached to the same hoop are sunk into their sockets...
Back