Search results

1. JesusMySavior

Zildjian ZXT

I picked up a set of these hats last week to use live where i may be bashing harder than usual. (i dont want to wreck my byzance cymbals in an energy filled moment even though ive only cracked 1 or 2 cymbals in my life) I have to say im pretty impressed. They're 14 inch Solid hats, and to me...
  2. JesusMySavior

Emperors vs G2 for resonants

I'm thinking about going with a 2 ply this time for the resos on my masters kit. Which product makes a better RESO? Both roughly the same price. Heads on top will be Evans Power Center. I don't use much dampening, just a moon gel here or there. Thanks!
  3. JesusMySavior

Ha...just picked up some ZBT 13" hats.

$30, For a spare kit (the PDP). Think ill set it up in a rehearsal space so if someone breaks them I'm not totally livid. They actually don't sound all that bad while sounding totally terrible at the same time :-) Kswahhhhh ...*chick*
  4. JesusMySavior

My snares

Ultratone 14x7" PDP 14x5.5" Birch Yamaha Musashi 13x6.5" Oak Pearl Free Floating 14x8" Maple Pearl Free Floating 14x5.5" Maple
  5. JesusMySavior

Is my drum copper?

Pearl Ultratone snare made in Japan. I always thought this was odd until I learned that there were chrome over steel snares, and chrome over copper. Is this oxidized metal or is this copper that's coming through? The rest of the inside of the shell :
  6. JesusMySavior

Dilemma : what should I sell?

So I decided to buy a deep Pearl Free Floater with the intention of selling my shallow one. I ordered it from GC and got it, and to my horror it was in pretty rough shape. Rusted rims, a hex screw on the tube lug snapped off inside the tube lug, and the shell was damaged and pitted. Obviously I...
  7. JesusMySavior

How to get rid of rust on rims?

Any special product to remove rust spots? Thanks
  8. JesusMySavior

Please help me get tension on my snare wires...

Got a new pearl free floater today and the hardware is rusted out so I swapped the larger shell onto my old free floater and used longer tension rods. I took the 42 strand and new(er) reso head off the new free floater and placed them on the old free floater. I've got everything good to go but...
  9. JesusMySavior

G1 over Ambassador - am I nuts?

I use clear heads always and I've noticed a particular favorite sound of mine comes from G1 batters over Remo Ambs on the reso side. Now technically these heads are supposed to be the same, but I don't like ambassadors as batters, nor do I consider the G1s better resos than Ambassadors. So now...
  10. JesusMySavior

Help me choose a maple kit

Since buying and setting up my PDP's, I have realized I'd rather trade my Pearl BRX's in for a high end maple kit and keep the PDP's for a birch kit. Not that they sound better than my masters, but I want both worlds. So I thought about going with the MMX 4 ply shells, but then I've looked at...
  11. JesusMySavior

Video of new Pacific FS Birch kit

Just a quick demo before I headed off to work. Not really representative of my best playing, but I polished all of the drums last night and replaced most of the heads, set it up today and was able to fool around a bit. I realize some of the toms have some funky notes going on, I plan to fix that...
  12. JesusMySavior

Why do people treat their drums so badly?

Most of the used kits I've ordered or picked up are definitely "used", but gently is not in the vocabulary. When I buy a new (to me) kit, first thing I do is strip it down, order new heads, and polish the drums and oil the tension rods. I've seen all kinds of mishaps, and I can't imagine what it...
  13. JesusMySavior

Thoughts

At my local Guitar Center there was a blowout on acoustic drum sets. They had quite a few good bargains there and were liquidating them and making deals left and right to make room for floor space. Anyways I went there and spotted a PDP "FS" Birch kit in black cherry fade. The original price was...
  14. JesusMySavior

Snare wires - question on width

On my newly acquired PDP set, I noticed the Snare has a broken wire. I would like to replace it with a PureSound 30 strand wires set. Will it fit on the snare? It's an FS Birch snare. I don't want to take the plunge on it unless I know it will for sure fit on the bottom due to the extra width...
  15. JesusMySavior

New Pacific FS Birch kit

Scored this for $149.99. Cherry kit on left. Feast your eyes!
  16. JesusMySavior

Replacing my backup kit

Well, it's been a long time coming. My Yamaha YD (also was my first drum set) is going up for sale. I found a Pacific FS Birch kit locally for $200. Cherry dark fade. Snare, three toms and the kick plus mounting hardware. 10,12,14,22. I'm sure this set will sound better than my poplar/phillipene...
  17. JesusMySavior

Which generation of K rides sounds the best?

I'm seriously looking into a k ride - just the "K Ride", particularly the 20". I see some with the tall "RIDE" logo, some with an upside down ride logo, and others with it right side up. Are there some that are considered better than others, which are the oldest, and what differences are there...
  18. JesusMySavior

The majority of my cymbals are cracked

...But I bought them that way. I have a set of fantastic condition cymbals that I bought that way and have kept that way. I just can't seem to pass up a really good deal on a normally expensive cymbal that has a minor crack or keyhole and is literally $15-20. My signature says three types of...
  19. JesusMySavior

Who else is a fan of thin cymbals?

Particularly crash and splash cymbals. I love the way they open up quickly and sparkle off into the distance. For me, heavy crashes are too obnoxious and with most medium crashes it's hard to find ones with good tonality. They both seem to stick around and sustain too long - unless of course...
  20. JesusMySavior

Just ordered a new AAX Studio Ride

Can't wait for it to arrive. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I couldn't pass it up at $60. Looking for a darker ride with definition, but if this is dry enough it may just fit the bill. I had a studio crash I liked a lot once. Hopefully it's like that.
Back