Search results

1. blinky

What's a recent compliment you've received lately about your playing?

All in good fun. Real compliments are shared too, but the best thing is when someone look happy about our (or my) playing.
  2. blinky

What's a recent compliment you've received lately about your playing?

On our latest rehearsal, the bassplayer's amp went dead, and the guitar player remarked: "Suddenly we sounded so good". When I told them I couldn't make it to the next rehearsal someone said: "well, then we might get some groove going" 😀
  3. blinky

Whats the hardest drum part you know?

There's many hard drum parts, but for me I would say Deep Purple's "Burn".
  4. blinky

Emotional Shock That Disrupted Drumming

Yes, and drumming and music is my therapy. Wouldn't know what to do without it. I just kept practising without any joy because I didn't know what else to do. Now it's more joyable again, it just takes a long, long time to get there. Just keep on.
  5. blinky

Bands where NOBODY is an original member!

Maybe I'll go to see Gong this spring, don't think there are any original members left.
  6. blinky

The Only Covers I Want To Play Are....

I play in two coverbands, in the first band we have some gigs but not many, maybe one every other month. We play the hits of the seventies from Bowie, T-Rex, Mott, 10cc etc. We have rehearsed Genesis "Firth of Fifth" King Crimson "Starless" among other prog classics which is great fun, but we...
  7. blinky

Left-Handed Setup

Look up Daniel Glass, excellent drummer and teacher. Taking lessons with him were great, in fact I didn't reflect on him being lefthanded.
  8. blinky

Keith Moon

I think the poster meant Tony Thompson, not Tony Williams.
  9. blinky

Bands' best known songs that are not among their best songs (IMO)

Lucky Man -ELP Owner of a lonely heart - Yes (already mentioned)
  10. blinky

Are Signature Sticks for Hobbyists?

I use the Buddy Rich sticks. I'm a fan of those, the drummer not as much.
  11. blinky

Thoughts on no-rebound practice pads?

I've got a moongel pad, but much prefer brushes on a snare drum or on a quiet tone pad. Good for wrists and getting off the drum.
  12. blinky

Practice vs talent

And hard work doesn't get you far with zero talent.
  13. blinky

What Keeps You From Drumming?

Wife & kids... but I guess it's the right priority?
  14. blinky

What are you listening to right now?

Flower Kings:
  15. blinky

Swedish Drummers -- Your Faves?

Zoltan Csörsz- The Flower Kings.
  16. blinky

Can you be a good drummer with bad math skills?

I really think that it must be a lot easier to get good at math than to get good at our instrument. And I don’t think one has anything to do with the other.
Back