Search results

1. F

Diecast hoops!

Hey guys I just have some quick questions for you! I'm looking to get some diecast hoops for my 14in rack and my 16in floor and I was wondering what are your favorite and tried and true brands? Not very experienced with diecast hoops at all. I was also thinking about cutting my bass drum from...
  2. F

Die Cast Hoops

I am looking to replace my batter and reso side hoops on my 16 inch tom because they are both severely dented. I want to try out some die cast hoops, but I don't really know much about them. What company should I looking for when buying a pair?
  3. F

Some questions about DW 9000 pedals

Hey everyone! I am kinda in a bind. I have been wanting to buy a pair of 9000 double pedals for a while now, but i also am interested in buying an entire new set. The double pedals i have now just arent cutting it anymore. Do you guys think i should buy the pedals now or wait until i have my new...
  4. F

C&C Bonzo

Hey everyone, I am looking for some videos or sound samples of the C&C Player Date 2 in the Bonzo configuration. I cant find anything on this kit anywhere! I actually want to hear what they sound like before I spend all of my paychecks on a new kit.
  5. F

Have never used coated heads.

I am gearing up to get a new kit this summer and am looking to try some new heads. I was thinking some coated G2s over Evans new reso 7 heads. I was just wondering what I will be getting into. I assume that the drums will sound warmer but I am worried that I will lose some attack and punch. I...
  6. F

Noob to recording.

Hello everyone! I just realized that i have enough microphones to actually record drum tracks in my basement. One problem though, I have no idea how to do that! I have Sennheiser E604s on my toms, SM57 on my Snare and an E602 in my bass. For the overhead mics, I just set up the two vocal mics my...
  7. F

Wraith vs Sledgehammer

I am kind of stuck in between these two snares. I play hard rock and would think either of these two work great but i cant seem to decide between the two. They both seem quite sensitive and have a nice crack and are dry as hell. Just looking for some other opinions.
  8. F

A 24 Medium ride or 24 Bash ride

I'm interested in a bigger ride and I am torn between Medium ride and the Bash ride. I want one with good crash ability and good stick definition. Anyone out there who has owned both and may have some insight?
  9. F

Cases

I'm looking for cases for a 13x8 tom 16x15 floor tom and a 24x14 bass drum. I have never purchases cases before and was wondering what kind I should be leaning towards. I've heard of Gator, Ahead, SKB and Humes and Berg but have no experience in this area.
  10. F

Cowbell Mount

Hey again, lol, I recently got a Rock Ridge Rider cowbell for Christmas, but have no idea what kind of mount I need for it. The "expert" at Guitar Center had no clue what I wanted, so I figure I come and ask here. What kind of mount do I need to mount the cowbell off of my bass drum.
  11. F

Snare Wires

Hey there, I was wondering what kind of snare wires you guys prefer. I am thinking about getting some 42 strand wires for my 8x14 Performance Series snare. I am hoping to get some feedback from you guys, because I have no experience in the wire department lol.
  12. F

Headphones

Hey there, I am looking for a nice pair of headphones for my dad for Christmas. The most I am willing to spend is around 100 - 125. I really want to get him a good present this year, because all of the others I got him over the years have gone unused or never even opened. Any suggestions?
  13. F

DW Performace or C&C

Hey everyone, i am slowly but surely getting in the market for a new kit. Saving paychecks takes a long time!!! Anyway, I had my heart set on a DW performance series kit for a few months and was sure I would be getting one, but then I stumbled across C&C. I've heard of them before but just...
  14. F

"Restoring" my old snare.

I am thinking about making my Catalina Maple snare drum look like new within the next couple of weeks, i just have a few questions though. How would I go about taking all the hardware off the drum and cleaning them? I was thinking about using DW tension rods, but will they fit into the Gretsch...
  15. F

Getting some bad vibrations.

I keep trying to tune my 12inch and 16inch toms on my Gretsch Catalina Maple set and it isn't going well. I keep getting a really annoying sound that I cant really explain out of my 12inch tom. I hit it dead in the center and it sounds dead. I have a G2 on top and the stock head on bottom. It...
  16. F

My Reso Head

Alright, so im about to take my reso head off and totally retune my bass drum but i have a kickport in the port of my head. if i take my reso head off, will the kickport come out? i am trying to avoid putting it back in, because the first time i put it in it was such a hassle. is this a dumb...
  17. F

Jim Root leaving Stone Sour

Just saw on loudwire.com that James has left Stone Sour. This is quite a blow because he is one of my favorite guitarists and one of my favorite bands. I hope this dosnt cause any conflict in Slipknot, as he is the guitar player there as well and Corey Taylor is the singer in both. Man Joey...
  18. F

Overhead Mics

Im looking for affordable overheads for my kit because my band is starting to play bigger venues. My budget around 100 bucks. If anyone has any suggestions it would be gretly appreciated. Thanks! D
  19. F

Radia Cup Chime

I'm looking for an alternate bell to use apart from the one on my AA Rock ride, which cuts like other BTW, but I'm just looking for a little bit of a different sound. Is it worth the 140.00?
  20. F

Snare tuning

I am having real trouble getting my snare to sound good. Its steel 8x14 Performance series. I have tried to use an app on my phone but it is very hit and miss. Tuning by ear is difficult, because i have very little experience. Does anyone have experience with this snare? Is there a note i can...
Back