Search results

1. No Way Jose

Percussion players add so much!

I like it when our singer breaks out the maracas.
  2. No Way Jose

Are they small kits that are not that loud?

Any drum kit can be made quieter, just put cloth on the heads and cymbals. I suggest that you look for a kit with 20 or 22 inch bass drum, because if you ever want to play un-dampened then the 20 or 22 inch bass drums may sound better. This is a good time to buy used equipment. There don't...
  3. No Way Jose

slow sub gigs

I think business is slowing down. A venue near me closed.
  4. No Way Jose

Hearing Protection - What do You Use, if Anything?

Cheap foam earplugs from Walmart Or sometimes I use over the ear headphones not plugged in.
  5. No Way Jose

Challenging setup locations

Plywood
  6. No Way Jose

New tune I wrote (funky, proggy, choir vox etc)

Wow that was really good. You play lots of instruments as well as sing, and you do it well.
  7. No Way Jose

What to do when not in a band?

Reaper has an FX called ReaNINJAM and there are likely other software or online things where you can jam with other musicians.
  8. No Way Jose

Looking To Buy An Electronic Drum Kit

I like the Roland TD-9 kit. But I think your ultimate goal should be to get an acoustic drum kit and cymbals. That could be years from now. For now, electronic drums would let you and your son practice without disturbing people. For making recordings you might want to consider LMMS software...
  9. No Way Jose

Midlife Crisis Engaged (New Kit

Wow gold sparkle! Those are really nice drums! Now you'll have to get a beater kit to gig with.
  10. No Way Jose

Why do I want a bop kit?

My friend has a Questlove kit. It sounds OK to me when he plays it.
  11. No Way Jose

So, I started getting back into the scene...

People ask me for a set list, I send them whatever pic is on my phone. It's probably a picture of a paper with text on it. The singer will likely change it within a month anyway.
  12. No Way Jose

AI In Music

If computers are so intelligent then what are they doing in the music business?
  13. No Way Jose

Bass pattern with walk

Drummer plays the groove, bass walks. I'm listening to Elvis' Blue Suede Shoes.
  14. No Way Jose

People want to borrow gear

I play cheap stuff. Nobody wants to borrow my instruments. That solves that problem.
  15. No Way Jose

Clothing - Dress Code for Drummers

Women's clothes. There I said it. I have a red sequin jacket that the audience loves. Sometimes I wonder how my life got so weird.
  16. No Way Jose

Sleeping at the kit

I remember once my mind went blank in the middle of a song - I couldn't remember what song I was playing, the time signature, or what I was supposed to do. Only lasted a second or two.
  17. No Way Jose

Playing without a kick

I've done it but I think I'll bring a bass drum from now on.
  18. No Way Jose

what's the difference between the Groove and the Pocket?

I keep my groove in my pocket.
Back