Search results

1. K

Newish tune...

Song my brother wrote, clip is from a practice session, just guitar and drums. Starts out in 6/8 feel before switching into a half time 4/4 feel. My favorite part is the main final riff, comes after the half time shuffle feel. Oh, it’s along the metal lines or whatever they call it now, so if...
  2. K

Tama Dyna-Sync pedals coming soon...

Surprised I didn't see anymore discussion about these. It didn't dawn on me until I saw the reveal that Tama didn't have a direct drive pedal yet. I'm a huge Tama hardware fan and am intrigued by these. I've never played a direct drive pedal and was curious about the DWs that released a...
  3. K

Finally!

My 14x11" Sonor Prolite tom tom has finally arrived! I placed the order back on 14Jan2015 and after six and a half months, it has finally arrived! It's big, beautiful, and sounds amazing. The set came with two floor toms and I ended up selling the 14x14". I just couldn't get it to sound like...
  4. K

Pity me!

Woe is me. I placed an order for a 14x11 tom tom to add to my prolite kit back on jan 15th. Sonor says the time window is 90-180 days. I wait until my birthday four months later to call the store I made the order at to see if there was any update. ETA? Late July or early August. I was...
  5. K

Tama Brass Starphonic...

Just got one last week. I'm very impressed. I've long wanted a brass snare and finally have one. I love the groove hoops, which are like S hoops in that they flange in towards the center of the drum instead of outwards like typical triple flanged hoops. It seems to me to be a nice middle...
  6. K

Evans Reso 7?

Has anyone tried the new Reso 7 heads by Evans yet? I just found out about them but their press release says they've been available since 1Jan2015. I've been experimenting a lot with drum heads but have not changed out the resos (except for when I bought the kit and replaced the stock heads)...
  7. K

STGM - 1997 drum cover...

Haven't seen anyone else post a drum cover of this song yet. They have an auxiliary percussionist, so I'm not 100% sure what the drummer's doing vs. the auxiliary player. The song has one of my favorite breakdowns ever! 1997 (Tonight We're Gonna Party Like It's...) by Sleepytime Gorilla...
  8. K

Evans consistency...

I've had my new drumset about 8 months now and I'm about to put my fifth set of heads on it...I'm still experimenting. I love the sound of the G2 and G2 coated but they're not recording as well as I'd like in my basement, which I must admit doesn't sound very good for the mics apparently. To...
  9. K

Sonor Prolite pricing?

Long story short, I bought a drum set I love but there's a black sheep in the pack: 14x14 floor tom. The kit consists of 10x8 12x9 14x14 16x16 and 22x17.5. I want to sell the 14x14 and get a third upright instead, most likely a 14x11, which I've already gotten a quote on. I know I'll take a...
  10. K

Overhead Mic choices

I've been eyeing the AKG C214s for overheads. I'm just getting into the notion of recording myself and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these microphones in the role of overheads. While I'm at it, I'm wondering what the main differences are between large and small diaphragm...
  11. K

Fair price for a 20" K Heavy ride.

A buddy of mine has a 20" k heavy ride that's just gathering dust. I have a 22" k light ride that I love but lacks the clarity and articulation for more pop to metal music. I tried out his 20" heavy and wherever the 22" light lacks this thing delivers in spades. What's a good asking price for...
  12. K

Two floor toms....

I tried, I really did. I've played three up one down for the longest time. I had one 16" floor tom and when I got an 18" it was simply too big to put on the right with the 16". But, that was years ago and after having just an e-kit for a few years, I got myself an acoustic again. I tried two...
  13. K

Sonor Prolite Snare...

I bought myself a Prolite kit earlier this year and have thought about getting a matching snare as I didn't buy one at the time. The flanged hooped version is considerably cheaper than the die-cast hoops. I'm pretty sure there are places I can buy the die cast hoops later should I decide to...
  14. K

My icecream bar....

Chicken pot pie, chocolate covered raisins, glazed ham! Ohhhh! They think I'm crazy, but I know better...oh my beloved icecream bar, how I love to lick your creamy center!...You're not like the others... I just put G2 coated heads over G1 clears on my Prolites and I can't be happier! The G2...
  15. K

Anatomy of a cymbal...

This post will be ongoing, but I plan on characterizing an old, broken cymbal of mine that's just been gathering dust in my basement. So stay tuned if you've ever been curious as to what a cymbal looks like at a microscopic scale. I present the cymbal. An old, trashed out 14" Wuhan china. I...
  16. K

20" Dream Contact ride cymbal...

Just bought a 20" Dream Contact ride cymbal this weekend. I didn't even know they existed until this weekend. I have been in the process of building up a new acoustic kit for the first time in about 15 years and got my shell kit about a month ago. At the time I bought a 22" K light ride, a...
  17. K

Sonor soon.

Got the hardware yesterday and the shells are sitting at the local fed ex distribution center ready for delivery on Monday. Can't wait! I also got a speed cobra double pedal (not pictured).
  18. K

Sonor tom holders...

Does anyone know if Sonor toms (from the prolite series) will mount to a Tama or DW tom holder? Tama is so much cheaper and easier to find, and DW sells a small $40 tom holder that clamps to a cymbal stand. I'm looking to buy a Prolite but need to figure out how to mount the toms without going...
  19. K

Pearl Ref Pure and Sonor Prolite...

Am down visiting my sister at Little Rock AFB and stopped by the Memphis Drum Shop on my way down. I bought some cymbals (14" K light hats, 22" K light ride, and 18" K Custom Session Crash), but the kit they had in the cymbal vault was a Pearl Reference Pure I believe and it sounded...
  20. K

Drum Quote...

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this before. I have been wanting to order a Tama Starclassic Bubinga kit for a while and requested a quote from an internet retailer. Then I changed my mind on some of the shell sizes and changed the configuration I wanted. I want to say the...
Back