Search results

1. audioragegarden

Band Mascots - Am I the only one?

Metal is probably the most prevalent genre in regard to mascots. Eddie, Vic Rattlehead, Not Man, Papa Emeritus (doubles as singer), etc.
  2. audioragegarden

What's your latest purchase?

I had Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket and I've recently been looking into joining a local band, so I figured it was about time I finally bought at least some rudimentary travel protection for my kit. My snares both came with bags when I bought them, so I only needed bags for my...
  3. audioragegarden

Article on Neil P. from RATM Tim Commerford

I'm sorry but that just seems like an unfairly harsh assessment of character. I don't see it as "gross" if someone acquires wealth through decades of hard work and uses a portion of it to fund a couple of harmless hobbies or indulgences later in life. And which books does Neil Peart "go on and...
  4. audioragegarden

On a trip out to Dale's Drum Shop a couple weeks ago I bought this late 80s/early 90s Tama promotional banner featuring Lars Ulrich. It's in pretty decent condition and was just sitting in a bargain bin of posters for only $5. I figure if I end up not wanting to hang onto it in the future I'll...
  5. audioragegarden

Deal Alert: Paiste Alpha Rock Rides

Been browsing Ebay for Alphas recently and it appears Musician's Friend and Music 123 are cleaning house as far as Alpha Rock Rides are concerned. 22"s for $78.99 and 24"s for $129.99. Link
  6. audioragegarden

RIP Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister

Several sources including the Official Motörhead Facebook page are reporting the death of Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister from an aggressive form of cancer. I consider myself extremely fortunate that I was able to see Motörhead perform in Philadelphia back in September, having done so with the full...
  7. audioragegarden

Left side ride ONLY setup

Went to see Anthrax and Motörhead last night in Philly, and the opening act was an up and coming Pennsylvania band called Crobot. Their drummer, a guy by the name of Paul Figueroa, had a setup I had never seen before. He had a right-handed 1 up, 2 down with the floors on either side, and more...
  8. audioragegarden

14x6.5" Tama Metalworks snare in Copper Lacquer finish with Black Nickel hardware, the graphic novel version of Kevin J. Anderson's Clockwork Angels (based on the album of the same name by Rush of course), and the brand new spin-off novel Clockwork Lives. The books just came today but I've...
  9. audioragegarden

Generic snare or not?

Stopped by my local pawn shop this afternoon and came across this snare selling for $50 with a carrying bag included. I figured I'd keep the bag and just resell the snare to make back some of the cost. No badge, but there was a hole that looked like it could have had a badge at some point. Folks...
  10. audioragegarden

The Penny Dreadnaught

Originally presented in the thread, "My Humble Stagestar", my Tama kit has since expanded beyond that description into the black, blue and copper beast that I have dubbed "The Penny Dreadnaught". Since graduating college in May of this year, I have been celebrating by adding the final touches to...
  11. audioragegarden

Budget PSTX stack experiement

I've been experimenting with trying to put together a smaller and more budget friendly version of the new PSTX flanger stack. I figured I'd start out trying a combination of a MS63 brass top and 2002 bronze bottom just like the PSTX, so I got a 12" 302 splash, with a 10" 802 splash and 10" 502...
  12. audioragegarden

I just saw Rush play a fantastic show in Philly last Thursday night with my best friend/guitarist and my dad, which inspired me to finally drop by the Cherry Hill, NJ Guitar Center yesterday and snag the Limited Edition Steampunk Paragon 22" Ride I had seen during a previous stop there about a...
  13. audioragegarden

Cheap amp/speaker options for basement jams?

Just graduated college a couple weeks ago and since I've been home I've started making some changes to my acoustic kit. I'm adding a couple of cheap Simmons trigger pads for some experimental sound variety, and I'll be using them with the module from my Simmons SD5K kit that I had with me at...
  14. audioragegarden

ABC's of Rock and Metal

This is certainly an odd request I'll admit, but I'm currently taking a graphic design class this semester of college, and our final project is a children's book. I decided to write and illustrate "The ABC's of Rock and Metal". I've got most of the letters figured out, but I'm stumped on I, J...
  15. audioragegarden

Show Off Your Hood Ornaments and Other Embellishments

Topic for showing off those little personal touches to your sets. When I got my Imperialstar bass back in November, it came with a cowbell mount attached to the rim. Since I don't own or desire a cowbell for my set, I pondered an alternative use for it. Inspired by Nicko McBrain and his Sooty...
  16. audioragegarden

Paiste Alpha 16" Rock Crash that showed up on my porch before I woke up this morning. Snagged it on Ebay this past weekend, used, for 95 bucks. I needed to replace my 7+ year old PST5 16" Rock Crash which developed a nasty crack sometime in the past couple of weeks. I wanted something of a...
  17. audioragegarden

Your all time favorite album

Superunknown by Soundgarden.
  18. audioragegarden

Paiste Alpha Metal Ride question

I've been looking for a new ride cymbal to replace my PST 5 Rock Ride, and during my vetting process I've narrowed my selection down to four candidates: Sabian AA Raw Bell Dry Ride, 22" Paragon, AA Metal-X ride, and the 22" Paiste Alpha Rock Ride. The Alpha Rock Ride I love because of it's large...
  19. audioragegarden

My Humble Stagestar

My set of 6+ years Drums: Tama Stagestar with Remo Clear Ambassadors on all of the toms and bass, and a Coated Ambassador on the snare Cymbals: 14” Paiste PST5 Rock Hats 16” Paiste PST5 Rock Crash 20” Paiste PST5 Rock Ride 18” Paiste 502 China 16” vintage Sabian...
Back