Search results

1. DutchDrummersDreams

What are the differences you notice between single and double chain pedals?

Double chain models feel less fragile. Using 5000 since a few months months now and probably never going back.
  2. DutchDrummersDreams

Sticky evans heads

Sounds like a defective head. I never had them die on me. And I hit pretty hard when needed. Have you tried the Uv range? You will be suprised.
  3. DutchDrummersDreams

Percussion players add so much!

Some really can. Some really can’t. Love being the one that can and working the ones that can. Then it really eases up out lives and adds that extra spark. One of my old rigs.
  4. DutchDrummersDreams

Floortom micing

Its the Beta 98 Amp for me on all toms. The 421’s I had just didn’t had that vibe for me, especially on floors. And the 98’s aren’t as obtrusive.
  5. DutchDrummersDreams

whats your fav drum head

After decades of Remo, I had too many duds and a bad service, I now mostly play Evans. Only my reso is a Remo due to Evans not making a silver chrome head. They are so durable and reliable. I could leave them on for a 1,5 year and still not a dent. The UV1 sits on my snare for over a...
  6. DutchDrummersDreams

Here's a list of Stave and Solid drum producers.

On the Stave side, Canopus (Japan, also hollowed log) and A.D.M. (Australia), too. On the Solid Ply side, Customdrums.nl from the late Thijs van der Heijden.
  7. DutchDrummersDreams

You Can Play a Canopus Kit Anywhere

It was also the global popular fashion of the 90’s.
  8. DutchDrummersDreams

Vintage Yamaha double pedal (Japan)

A very nice 90’s pedal. The v shape was done to overcome uneven playing surfaces. Its actually not one of their first (they already had them in late 70’s) but it is one of the first where they tinkered with adding more functional options on a pedal.
  9. DutchDrummersDreams

Sticky evans heads

Love Evans Heads. Their quality is the reason I siwtched from Remo which had a terrible track record and service for me. And now with the UV models they upped it even more. Played my UV1 intensively the last months and it still looks like it was bought yesterday. Also. Never having to...
  10. DutchDrummersDreams

Throne Backrests

I have one on the roc n soc seat, but rarely use it.
  11. DutchDrummersDreams

Drum rack help

Fun with rack builds. Not quite where I want it, but its close.
  12. DutchDrummersDreams

Remo 9" deep snare?

It was a finish that they did on their percussion line (conga’s, bongo’s, and djembe’s) and as a special request for few of SVK’s drumkits and concert basdrums.
  13. DutchDrummersDreams

Remo 9" deep snare?

Right? It feels like asphalt. So strange. And it has that sparkle through it.
  14. DutchDrummersDreams

Remo 9" deep snare?

Btw. Here was my custom one. Made for Slagerij van Kampen in the Tough Enough finish (a raw, hard pointy finish from their percussion line) with Pearl hardware. One of the best allround sounding kits that I had. If I had room for more than one kit I would have kept it. I think this was...
  15. DutchDrummersDreams

Shure 215 in-ears, am I missing something?

To save my hearing Im definitely always wired these days myself. Sometimes you can only get a mono line, and in that case my p9hw has a mix finction witch sends the feed out to both ears. You can try the KZ 10 Pro too from ali express @bermuda They get raving reviews, and cost less than 40...
  16. DutchDrummersDreams

Remo 9" deep snare?

Remo acousticon drums are the hidden gems of the industry. Especially the later models which fixed the earley gen’s that could cave in, and that was mostly only on the conga line, which had to endure much more tension thant a regular drumset shell . Word has it the drums were so good, they...
  17. DutchDrummersDreams

What's your favorite snare drum TODAY?

In terms of sound, this 70’s cob Currently.
  18. DutchDrummersDreams

Sakae pac d?

Killer drums, with solid hardware. The same quality as the Hipgig sets, but eith a modern touch (and better/fuller sounding to my ears). They did good around 10 years ago but sadly got off anyones radar when the company went down. The kick packs a punch and the toms sound full. There are...
  19. DutchDrummersDreams

Bike stage.

Four my fellow riders out there. Saw this on the cargo bike fb group. https://www.veloconcerts.com/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1wW1XTdKrWq-ixc15cEn3b83XeLz89VnPMnBOkJ5Wbj4sDzYH8__oX8FQ_aem_UdCLum-XC9zGujevCVZ9hA
  20. DutchDrummersDreams

Stanton Moore Snare Drum Tuning Hack

Search for Nichiban. The original gaffer tape. Heat resistant, water resistan, and leave no residue and can be used multiple times.
Back