Search results

1. V

Decisions?

I'ld go with the one that inspires me to play longer. If the tour maples make you happier and you gravitate towards that sound more then go with those. I think the weight issue is important but secondary to the sound.
  2. V

Collar-less drum heads

I think DW heads by Remo offer collarless heads. Correct me if I'm wrong. Rmv heads have a similar technology.
  3. V

Snare recommendations?

Another vote for a Supraphonic 5" *lm400. Go for a vintage one and replace the hoops with 2.3 mm Gibraltar hoops. Remo coated Amb batter and Hazy reso. Don't overcrank it, let it breathe. That's a great all around snare drum.
  4. V

PDP cx series

I also own a Pdp cx (white onyx) 10,12,14,14,22. I have a 2007 version as well with 10 lug snare and bass drum. I ordered 2.3 mm hoops for the snare and it sounds much better to my ears. I have been considering getting 2.3 mm hoops for my 3 toms but I'm okay with the stock 1.6mm hoops. I...
  5. V

Old dude learning

Welcome to the forum. All I have to say is that in ten years you will be saying I should have started ten years ago. Well it's 10 years ago now. Get a practice pad and a metronome and a book like stick control from George STone and start building your hands. Once you get your hands going...
  6. V

Picking a new snare drum

In my experience if I hit a drum that is not set up that great and I like what I hear then it can only get better from there.
  7. V

Remo UT Heads?

Ut asian heads suck. If you really want to optimize your experience change batter and resonant heads on your entire kit to remo usa or similar quality. Years ago I had a kit that came with Ut remo heads and it sounded thin and basically crap. I was going to sell the kit because it sounded...
  8. V

Picking a new snare drum

If it inspires you to play more often and better keep it. NO matter what anyone says. I've gone through 2 lm400's and they didn't do it for me. I picked up a 1976 blue/olive last year and it was the one. I also acquired a bronze black beauty and connected with that drum as well. I just love...
  9. V

Zildjian K pre-aged ride?

I just picked this up, 20", it feels medium weight, it has a big fairly loud bell. It's crashable but doesn't wash out easily. The guy told me he used it for jazz and that its a Zildjian K pre aged ride. I would like to know if this is in fact a Zildjian K preaged ride. I checked google images...
  10. V

Need RMV Kit Bass drum claw, where to get?

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well. I need your help, I just pulled my RMV kit out of storage a while back only to find one bass drum claw missing. Does anyone have any idea where I could get one? I found the tension rod but no claw. I've posted a couple of pics for context if anyone can help...
  11. V

Paiste 2002, B8 but why do they sound so good?

I have a 2002 16 medium crash and its an awesome sounding cymbal. My other crash is a 16 thin 404 series. Yes they are the same size but they sound different due to their thickness, but they match perfectly sonically speaking. if you can find any paiste 404, 505 or 2002's they are all great...
  12. V

Pearl Sensitone Classic 2 Brass and Pearl history

I just picked this up, and wanted to share a bit of info re: this snare. Pearl Sensitone Classic II brass 14 x 5, Black nickel plated with tube lugs, Mastercast hoops and 24 strand Pearl snare wires. It sounds amazing. There is no sign of wear at all. The colour is exacty what you see. I'm...
  13. V

Zildjian A custom mastersound hihats other options

Hey everyone, I just want to get some opinions about hihats. I owned a pair of 13" Zildjian a custom mastersound hats. I believe the bottom is a medium and the top is medium thin. Now, I want to go to 14's but even though i found the mastersounds perfect in weight I wasn't crazy about the...
  14. V

Aquarian super 2 clear. backing track cover.

Thought this would be a good spot to drop a link for a video. Mostly I want to share my sound with some of you that are interested or curious about the Aquarian Super 2 drum heads. These are the clear version. They are suprisingly warm on the beech, see for yourself. Oh, btw this cover...
  15. V

The forgotten- hihat cup felts, do we take them for granted?

Today I went to my local music store and purchase hihat cup felts (Gibraltar) I've had my stock tama roadpro bottom felts on there since new (about 4yrs) they had softened up quite a bit and were muffling my hihats a little bit, so I believed until I put the new firm bottom felts on my stand...
  16. V

20" Zildjian K custom??

Hey everyone just purchased this cymbal used and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I'm sure its not "vintage old" or anything like that, at the same time I'm sure its not from the newer lines that zildjian has put out. Furthermore I can't locate any stamps on it which is...
  17. V

Yamaha throw off

Hi, I own a Yamaha beech custom snare (blueberry) and I need a throwoff for it. Where could I find a throw off that will fit this snare, any advice would be appreciated.
  18. V

Aquarian Super 2's and Response II's

I was wondering if some of you could give me some input re: these two heads. First off I'm running 10 12 14 22 14" snare. Yamaha beech custom. I'm set for kick (Aquarian SK1 clear with reso-PS3 ebony w 5" port) These heads work very well together I a very pleased. *If some of you find the PS3...
  19. V

Double bass pedal tension.

Does anyone else find that the spring tension on your slave pedal should be set looser in order to match tension on your main pedal. I have a dw4002 double and I'm trying to adjust the tension so both pedals are equal, I have matched both pedals so the resistance and velocity are the same but...
  20. V

Soultone cymbals..anyone?

All I know from the website is that they have a vintage, custom and extreme series line. I haven't found any samples for Soultone cymbals anywhere on the net. Does anyone own these and how do you like them? could you be specific as to type and size of cymbal. ie: vintage 14" hihats or extreme...
Back