Search results

1. mrchattr

New Endorsement: Saluda Cymbals

Hey guys! I just wanted to drop a quick thread to let you all know that I am now officially endorsing Saluda Cymbals. I actually discovered Saluda when they were mentioned on here, and I tested out some of their cymbals and fell in love. When I applied for an endorsement, they were very...
  2. mrchattr

YouTube will destroy drumming!

Hahahaha...my title is a bit of a stretch, and being sarcastic...but in part, it's true. I think that YouTube is an amazing resource. I have learned a ton from watching pros that I admire. I personally have never gotten into the "YouTube Drummers," the guys who post really amazing videos on...
  3. mrchattr

How much "wrong" is still alright?

This thread is from a discussion that started in another thread, but it was after that thread stopped receiving a lot of views. This is just a personal opinion thread, I'm curious to see where people are at with this. The question is: how many mistakes are acceptable to you when performing...
  4. mrchattr

Why you have to practice to go pro

I have been asked or questioned a bunch of times recently (both on here in threads, and in private messages; and in real life) about my practice habbits. When I talk about the times that I have spent practicing 8 hours a day, or how I still try to play for a minimum of four hours a day, I am...
  5. mrchattr

Landshark Lager Battle of the Bands

Hey all, The original band I am in, the Valerie Nicole Band, is in the second level of Landshark Lager's Battle of the Bands. This part of the competition is based on internet voting. If y'all could help me out, I would appreciate it. Here's what you have to do: 1. Go to...
  6. mrchattr

My new DWs in the studio

Hey y'all! Here are my new DWs, set up in the studio where my one cover band just recorded our new demo. DRUMS: DW Collector Series drums with a Jazz Series tom mount and ride mount. Black Oyster Glass FinishPly wrap (it is really sparkly under lights, but not in these pics): 16"x20" bass...
  7. mrchattr

Do me a favor?

Hey guys, If there is a problem with doing this, mods, I apologize, but it didn't look to be against the rules. Also, I thought of putting it in the off-topic area, but it would actually really help my drumming career, so I put it in here. Anyway, the singer in my band was nominated for the...
  8. mrchattr

Firing band members

Hey guys, So, we just fired our female vocalist from the two main bands I work with. This ends a year of firings. I joined the band in February of 08, and in that time, we have fired: A keyboardist/guitarist - crappy attitude, didn't come to practice prepared, wrong notes A male vocalist -...
  9. mrchattr

Natural wood look or not?

Hey all...if one of the mods could make this a poll, that would make me smile, but if not, that's fine, I'll just read all the answers. My question for you is this: Which do you like better? An all natural looking finish (wood finish) / a lacquer or wrap finish (that doesn't look...
Back