Search results

1. mkelley

List your Cymbal brands preferences

Big fan of Paiste, have about 4 sets of 2002s, Giant Beat and different prototypes. I also like Pergamon in Türkiye. When I put the Pergamon against similar Zildjians it's difficult to listen to clangy Zs.
  2. mkelley

Drum Center of Portsmouth

I've bought from them over the past decade or so. Custom ordered a 22" Giant Beat before it was cataloged, bunch of Reverb purchases. Never had an issue.
  3. mkelley

Is Sonor Vintage Series "Dream" Kit Territory

The Vintage series is the only kit that still haunts me. I've played tons of drums, owned several Gretsch, A&F are nice, played backline DW and Yamaha but the first time I hit that red Vintage kit at the old Forks location, I was sold. I love all my Premier kits & my vintage Club Dates but the...
  4. mkelley

GEWA acquires Gretsch from DW

2009 was 15 years ago....
  5. mkelley

Insufficient Backline Kit This Weekend

I’m thinking the breakbeat kit was used as a passive aggressive way to make the drums quieter.
  6. mkelley

13" Toms

Depends on how you tune. I have a couple of 12/13/14/16 kits and I tune in 3rds. Works fine for me.
  7. mkelley

Lars 72

Sounds very Spinal Tap-ish.
  8. mkelley

Is Jazz Fusion Dead?

It’s dead Jim.
  9. mkelley

Is Jock Rock a thing anymore?

Yep, and the RHCP, Metallica, etc are in that new era of jock rock.
  10. mkelley

New Ludwig!

I had the 2012 Club Date reissues with the cherry shell and would love to get an updated version of that. Any chance the new non-US import versions of the Continental Club can be imported into the US? Looks like a 12/14/20 could be as low as $1,600.
  11. mkelley

New 14" rack tom without custom ordering

Sonor Vintage Series.
  12. mkelley

Regal Tip Having Production Issues and delayed order fulfillment

I purchased two pairs of 5AXs and four 8As last month and they were solid and straight and have lasted a couple of sessions and practices. Still feel great to me.
  13. mkelley

Are Factories Running Right Now?

Gretsch has been closed since the 24th -
  14. mkelley

People with 26" bass drums: WTF do you drive?

> People with 26" bass drums: WTF do you drive? I use to carry a 26 in 1990 Camaro.
  15. mkelley

Worship drummer - variety?

Why does religion put up so many walls and put out such boring music? Listen and play to musicians playing music. Use your brain, use your heart. Yep, that's definitely where I see this too. There's far more heart out there in music, instead of the corporate "heart" aka, $$ driving most CCM.
  16. mkelley

DW's $4000 True Cast Bell Bronze snare!

I agree. I didn't think I was being subtle with my sarcasm. :)
  17. mkelley

DW's $4000 True Cast Bell Bronze snare!

Don't worry fellas, you can get an Acrolite far cheaper and will probably cause far less b****ing on drum forums.
  18. mkelley

Yet ANOTHER “soundproofing” question

lookup "producers blankets". They look like shipping blankets but are 10lb blankets used for sound reduction. Add a gap between the blanket and wall to give more air and there by more reduction.
Back