Search results

1. drumr0

Middle Tennessee Floods

All, Here's a few pictures of where I work. The water is 22" in the plant and about 7' in our loading docks. Lots of clean up ahead! We just did a 25 million dollar expansion too.
  2. drumr0

A few Praise Team songs

I am posting a few videos for review. I'm not a "gospel chops" drummer, but I try to do the best I can. Pretty straight forward stuff, but fun to play. I was asked to sit in for the drummer at this church while he was having to work weekends. I had a great time playing with these folks. In...
  3. drumr0

Spooky practice places

I thought this would be an appropriate time of the year to post this. Back in the '90s I played in a Rush/Journey tribute band. We rented a room to practice in from my bass players uncle. It was an upstairs room over a fairly large flower shop and a few other stores. Upstairs was divided up...
  4. drumr0

Covering up bass drum logo

A little pet peeve I have is seeing a group on tv (whether they are faking it or not) with the drum manufacturer logo taped over. I understand that they would be giving that particular brand of drums free advertising (in most cases) but who really cares? A non-drummer won't care, and a...
  5. drumr0

Rack Snare Drum Stand

I have always had problems with snare drum stand legs not fitting where I wanted them to. It seems to always hit the bass drum pedal and I could never get it in the right position. So after some thought I came up with this mod. I took one of the side arms of my Gibraltar curved rack and...
  6. drumr0

Getting a great drum sound

I have recently started wearing ear muffs when I practice. I was very surprised at how great my drums sound while I am wearing them. Apparently, they are tuning out some of the harsher overtones. I like the way my drums sound without the ear muffs but love how they sound with them on. I want...
  7. drumr0

Photography Equipment

I know some of you drummers are also into photography. Let's face it, what's more fun then taking pictures of your drumset besides jamming on it. Some of you have gone to great lengths to take stunning photos of your drumsets too!! I have recently purchased a Nikon D-40 DSLR with the 18-55mm...
  8. drumr0

Zildjian Pitch Black

I was in the music store the other day just tapping on cymbals and they had a kit set up with the Zildjian Pitch Black series. I hit the crash...too dark for me, I didn't like the ride very much, not enough wash. Then I hit the 15" hi hats and fell in love. Wow! They sounded just the...
  9. drumr0

Another Gretsch Catalina thread...My review

A friend of mine wanted to buy his 9 year old a new set of drums and he asked me for suggestions. His budget was $1000. I recommended a set of Gretsch Catalina Maple or Birch shells. I know several of you play them and couldn't remember any negative comments about them and thought in this...
  10. drumr0

My good old DW's

Hello all, I thought I would post some pics of my DW's 1994 Drum Workshop 6 piece White Marine Pearl wrap (Keller shells) Power tom configuration 10", 12", 14", 16" 6.5"x14" DW maple snare 18"x 22" Kick Heads: All toms have Remo white coated emperors Snare: Remo CS batter with reverse dot...
Back