Search results

1. TenPastTen

Drum Gloves

LOL...sure are...................
  2. TenPastTen

Drum Gloves

How 'bout Yey AND Ney. I have some great gloves that I use sometimes. To answer Zambizzi's question, I feel they do reduce the sensitivity in my fulcrum. However, they also eliminate slippage and are quite comfortable. So I use them occasionaly and it's usually dictated by how long I play...
  3. TenPastTen

All-star lineup on Drumline! Promotion

I know this is from a while back, but it's a pretty cool feature. It is a performance from the Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn (at the time) to promote the Drumline! movie's release on DVD. I was surprised at how serious Matt Sorum seemed to be. Posture and all. Cool stuff enjoy. And...
  4. TenPastTen

Snare Show

Here is some pics of my fledgling snare collection with a few recent additions. Specs: Black Panther Thick Flame Maple (14 x 6) Aquarian Texture Coated w/ Power Dot batter Aquarian Classic Clear Snare Side reso Die Cast hoops 20 lug (split) 30 strand Puresound snare wires Black Panther...
  5. TenPastTen

New Paiste Channel on YouTube

This just started a week ago. Some pretty good interviews of everyone making good on their endorsement contracts;-) http://www.youtube.com/user/PaisteChannel
  6. TenPastTen

Black Panther Sound Files

This is new to me, but Mapex has revamped its website and added several sound files for its Black Panther snares. Take a listen:http://usa.mapexdrums.com/drums/blackpanther/index.asp
  7. TenPastTen

Bill Cosby drumming video

That's a master storyteller giving us a wonderfully entertaining view of an awkward situation we would all be so lucky to have been in. Translation: That's funny. I wish it were me.
  8. TenPastTen

Website Problems

Pics are back! Thanks, Bernhard. It's only a problem if it doesn't get fixed. So, nice work.
  9. TenPastTen

Pork Pie Patina Snare

I went to a nearby GC to hear the 13 x 7 Pork Pie Patina snare. The only one they had was on layaway, but I was still able to hear it. It sounded awesome. The depth added a warmth to the tone that still had lots of "good" ring and resonance. I didn't change the tuning, out of respect to the...
  10. TenPastTen

Here we go Steelers!!!

A buddy of mine sent this link to me. I don't know anything about the performers or production company, but I do know that it kicks @$$ and is incredibly clever. Pure entertainment. Let's complete the first ever NFL six pack!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkTflRQzCZg
  11. TenPastTen

NAMM 09 Paiste

Found this photo on the Paiste website. What a tease. They're supposed to have more photos next week. Let's post all PAISTE related Winter NAMM 09 photos here!
  12. TenPastTen

NYC trip soon, what drummers to see?

I'm going to be in New York City for the first time from Dec. 2nd to Dec 5th. I'm looking to see if any of you know of some surefire places to catch some killer drummers during my stay. I'm mainly looking for some nice intimate places that are really laid back. As much as I'm into hard rock...
  13. TenPastTen

Right place, right time = lucky me

Well, I've come across a unique situation. At my local shop, I try to stop in at least once every three weeks, just to shoot the stuff or at least browse around the gear. I noticed on the counter where the snares share space with various special order items, there was a 5.5 x 10 Mapex Phosphor...
  14. TenPastTen

Hello! and thanks to Bernhard

In my signature post, I tell my story (Drumhead61, I know you've seen it already). But I really didn't give DW enough credit for its impact on me. I have learned at least 85% of my drum knowledge from this site and magazines. But the community in the forum is my most valuable resource...
  15. TenPastTen

I cheated on Sabian with Paiste Twenty!!!

Just like the title says, I have 10 Sabian cymbals that I love, but I am having a torrid affair with Paiste Twenty series. I have the 13 Hats, 18 Crash, and 20 Ride and they sound amazing together. I am awaiting a 10 Splash, 18 Thin Crash, and 18 Thin China to arrive in the next 3 weeks to...
Back