Search results

1. Jeremy Bender

Charlie Watts' kit

This is cool...
  2. Jeremy Bender

What was the best sounding live concert you attended?

When I took my musician's earplugs out halfway through a Rammstein concert last year I was really surprised at the clarity of sound at the shockingly high volume. I guess sound sampling with walk around tablets for room modeling prior to the show really pays off. Not my area of expertise so I...
  3. Jeremy Bender

Rob "Beatdown" Brown on Ride Cymbals

Rob demonstrates his collection of Paiste Rides and discusses why he chose them. Paiste does have some great Rides.
  4. Jeremy Bender

Cymbal Packs

I'm with Bo on his suggestion of the ubiquitous A Zildjian. A quality set of cymbals that when played propely and cared for should last for years from young student to playing live. Though this is towards the ceiling of your price point, it's a good option...
  5. Jeremy Bender

What has DRUMMERWORLD taught you...

That it's possible to miss people I've never met. Aydee, Uncle Larry, Markus, The Mayor Johnny, and more...
  6. Jeremy Bender

What are your ‘Pro tips’?

Have a form of dependable transporation. Someone who is habitually late or doesn't show up can do a lot of damage to their reputation. Arrive early ready to play and it'll be part of your routine. This helps reduce stress by giving you time to adapt to any last minute surprises.
  7. Jeremy Bender

show off your snare

Two brass bling hoops on the bronze supra...
  8. Jeremy Bender

stretching exercises

What comes to my mind is to thoroughly warm up prior to playing to prevent cramping/tension. For myself it's 20 min. on a silent practice pad and that's after any activity that may cause tension such as lifting heavy cases/moving gear.
  9. Jeremy Bender

Hi from Nashville!

It's cool Sugarfoot got a chance to get his picture taken with you!
  10. Jeremy Bender

Anyone want to be a Bonham?

If someone wants to turn down a wedding gig or playing in a posh restaurant because they refuse to deviate from their "when the levee breaks" drum sound, then all the power to 'em. Just remember there's other drummers who'll take that paying job and get to connect with other players. Not being...
  11. Jeremy Bender

Looks like I need a new drum hauler.

I'd love me a minivan. All I get is eyerolls from people in my house when I say this. Lol
  12. Jeremy Bender

What stick size do you use?

VF- 55A they're between a 5A and 5B in size.
  13. Jeremy Bender

show off your snare

Those are killer sounding. I was browsing around looking at snares in Drumcenter NH and Tony said "come check this one out." It was all I could do to keep my hands off the credit card in my wallet.
  14. Jeremy Bender

Shallower Drums in Deeper Cases

Jonathan, not sure which bag you're consideing but I highly recommend the Protection Racket AAA case as there's enough fleece padding in it to protect both sizes. If you still felt there's a concern you could always place a folded tea towel or cloth on top of the shallow drum.
  15. Jeremy Bender

What's your latest purchase?

Laminated birch according to their website. They have a unique weight feel to them compared to other models.
  16. Jeremy Bender

Storing drums- Advice?

Keep off the floor to prevent water intrusion (distribution warehouses and stores keep items on dunnage racks). Sonor Germany addresses this question: How should I store drums? Please do not expose your drums and hardware to extreme temperature and humidity fluctuations. Storage would be...
  17. Jeremy Bender

Without the Invention of Air Conditioning in 1902, How Would Your Life Be Different?

Mortuaries would be a much worse place to work in than they already are.
  18. Jeremy Bender

Without the Invention of Air Conditioning in 1902, How Would Your Life Be Different?

The heat index is 112F here today. I'd probably be typing this from the grave using a dial-up modem.
  19. Jeremy Bender

Jeff Porcaro

Watching Toto's live in Paris concert on YT and trying to determine what snare drum Jeff was playing. It appears silver. Was it a steel shell model or was it aluminum? A free floater?
  20. Jeremy Bender

Why Everyone Hears This Song Differently

What's Tik Tok? a metronome app?
Back