Search results

1. D

HD Multi Angle Dragonforce Drum Cover

hey everyone, hope you're having a great holiday season. just thought i'd share a video i made with you, playing dragonforce's through the fire and flames.its fun to play faster grooves especially when i rarely get to use them these days. hope you like it. all feedback welcome...
  2. D

New Very Different Drum Piano Instrumental

hey drummerworld, been forever since i've been able to upload videos but i was able to record some new ones a few weeks ago. a piano instrumental of lady gaga's paparazzi but with a lot of different drum grooves. a kind of elvin jones inspired but straight verse feel, half time rock/r n b type...
  3. D

Text in Drum Books

hey all, was just wondering what you look for in the text written to explain concepts in drum books. what you like, what you don't like? books you think do it well, or poorly? what you think books should include in the text that they haven't? its a pretty open question, feel free to share...
  4. D

32nd note Stick Control Type Grooves

hi all, i put up a new video playing along to some music and using stick control like ideas and different accents within the grooves. hopefully it turned out still musical though its a lot more notes than i usually play. let me know what you think if you feel like checking it out...
  5. D

My Keith Carlock Impression

hi, just thought i'd share a short video of me playing along to some music, trying to use keith carlocks "little melodies" approach to improvising. attempting to play melodically and use all four limbs to compliment the music. check it out if you feel like it...
  6. D

8 NEW COVERS/NEW STUDIO/IMPROVED SOUND

hi everyone, i moved to a new studio to record the new covers. i think the sound and look are a big improvement on the older videos. anyway i recorded 8 songs, the first 1 is a very different version of bad romance. i had a lot of fun trying to play a lot of different ideas in one short...
  7. D

Your Dream Sub For Your Gig.

if you couldn't make a gig with the band/artist you play with, and could pick ANY drummer to sub for you, who would you pick to fill your shoes and why? and what's the style(s) of your gig? basically who you'd like to hear play the music you play, if you weren't playing the drums for it.
  8. D

Ideal 4 piece kit shell sizes?

hi everyone, i'll soon be in the market to upgrade my shells. i haven't decided on brand or wood yet but i know i'll probably just get 2 toms and a bass drum. im kind of undecided on the sizes so i thought i'd ask the community: if you play a 4 piece kit, what size shells are you using, why'd...
  9. D

Short Drum Solo Hip-Hop/Funk Linear Grooves!

hi again everyone. i just uploaded a video of a short(minute and a half) drum solo based around some hip/hop, funk and linear type ideas. i tryed to use some ambidexterity to create unique grooves too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcK924O3u6Y check it out if you feel like. let me know what...
  10. D

Whatcha Say/Burnin' Up Drum Covers!

hi all, back again with a few new covers. the first one is a very different, up tempo version of burnin' up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99M1Mmk0glk the second is whatcha say. but burnin up took 4 hours to upload for some reason. so i'm uploading whatcha say now. i'll post the...
  11. D

Fireflies+Tik Tok -- Drum Covers!

hi everyone, i just uploaded two covers. tik tok by ke$ha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISxiXzJbnfg and fireflies by owl city http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPR7W7dJy8 but i played grooves different to the original recordings, though i think/hope they still feel good. check it out if...
  12. D

Drum Groove Series!

hi everyone, finally finished some new groove videos to share with you guys. part 1 of a 4 part series. i figure i'll just update this thread when i add each part. check it out if you like. the first one is 47 seconds long. part 1: nov 11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBhl4nX4gk8...
  13. D

Typical odd time clave suggestions?

hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone latin savvy could link/suggest any typical or latin styled 5/8 or 7/8 clave patterns? even just one would be fantastic. its to use against 4/4 - just some ideas i want to work out. cheers.
  14. D

Bosphorus/HHX cymbals ,weckl snare, pearl drums, dw pedal.

hi, thought i'd share the kit i use for everything i play at the moment. i sometimes use different cymbals, but for most things its: bosphorus trad hats 14", new orleans ride 22" HHX evolution crashes 17" & 18" pearl session birch drums, 12, 14, 22. yamaha maple weckl snare drum 14" and dw...
  15. D

Groove Medley thing, playing around with some ideas.

Drum Solo Groove Medley. 5 Ideas 1 Video. hi all, i thought i'd post a video of some ideas i was playing around with. its basically 5 very short ideas in 1 video. i started playing a groove and then just kind of improvised whatever came to mind...
  16. D

What makes a great teacher?

What makes a great teacher to you? What do you look for? whats important to you for them to have and to pass on? From personal experices or just in general. Teaching and teachers can get pretty subjective, but im interested to hear what you value in your teacher, or when looking for a new...
  17. D

If your playing was 5 albums, what would they be?

If your playing was 5 albums, what would they be? if someone asked you what kind of player you were but couldn't see you play or hear any recordings you've done, and all you had was a few albums to recommend to represent how you played. i don't mean comparing yourself to your inspirations but...
  18. D

Short and Long Term Goals

what are your short and long term musical goals and time frames you've set to acheive them? grooves, technique, getting gigs, students, styles, recommended listening, recording (any other thing to do with music that you want to acheive)?
  19. D

Conceptual vs physical development

i've been thinking about my own development over time. what i am able to do and how i got there. and what i want to be able to do and how to get there. for me, the physical side has just been a steady improvement in that the more you play, the more you can play. Putting time into the right...
  20. D

What are you working on at the moment?

In your practice, what are you working on at the moment? Exercises, concepts, books, whatever. just though it would be cool to have a thread about people's current musical pursuits. cheers.
Back