Search results

1. Sirwill

Home studio drumming income

As a drummer of many decades and even professional gigs I'm evolving with the digital age. I'm interested in taking advantage of my small home studio and having musicians/bands send me music, then I will lay down a drum track to there music for a fee. I'm in need of how to market/connect...
  2. Sirwill

Remo quality issues

I have been using Remo heads for over 30+ years. Over the last two/three years I have noticed a major drop in quality. In the last six months I have sent Remo pictures/e-mails of flaking coating of several heads that happened after "only tuning". They replaced one head, but would not replace...
  3. Sirwill

Pearl Sensitone

I recently purchased a Pearl Sensitone 14x5 snare. I have a nice maple Pearl MMX snare but was thrusting for a pearl steel snare for the sound I grew up with "Ludwig". I have played and owned many snares and must say the Sensitone snare is a killer snare, even against snares much greater in cost.
  4. Sirwill

Remo Djembe

Anyone own a Remo Djembe? I just bought a 24X10 off the net... I have played the larger 24x14" in stores and love its sound... I hope the smaller 24x10 still has a little low end...
  5. Sirwill

Remo 24" Coated Powerstroke Pro

After a "three month" back-order the new head finally arrived. I will say I love it because, Remo finally made a bass head that does what it was designed for. Very loose lug tension with sub sonic low end...
  6. Sirwill

24" Coated Remo Powerstroke Pro "Not Available"

I have a Remo 24" coated Powerstroke Pro that has been on back order since May. I have heard about Remos factory issue with this head, but have not heard any update on the situation. Any info would be great...
  7. Sirwill

Kick drum as floor tom?

I have been thinking of how to mount a 22" kick drum as a floor tom? Is their a stand that will allow the bass drum to lay low, and at a slight angle? Any ideas would be wonderful...
  8. Sirwill

Remo Factory

I recently ordered a Remo powerstroke Pro Coated 24" head. I was told from about every Drum Shop that head is on back order till the end of June, I ordered it in mid May. They say its due to some problems at the Remo factory. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this issue? Thank you...
  9. Sirwill

Remo Factory

I recently ordered a Remo powerstroke Pro Coated 24" head. I was told from about every Drum Shop that that head is on back order till the end of June, I ordered it in mid May. They say its due to some problems at the Remo factory. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this issue? Thank...
  10. Sirwill

Kick drum as floor tom

I'm currently reconfiguring my set-up. The biggest change will be trying to figure out how to mount my 22" kick drum (I will still use my 24" kick as my main bass with dbl peddles) as a floor tom mounted to the right side of my 16"x16" floor tom. I have seen drummers use a large floor tom that...
  11. Sirwill

Black suede ambassador vr Coated ambassador

I was wondering, how the new Remo Black suede Ambassador sound compared to the old Coated Ambassador's?
  12. Sirwill

Type O Negative cover

This is myself playing a cover of Type O Negative (September Sun). It was recorded on my old Ludwig Accent Zep kit (which I have since sold). Hope you enjoy? http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=1025126&T=9307
  13. Sirwill

Re-staining

I have been looking for an 18" Pearl masters Custom MMX Sequoia red floor tom to finalize my kit for years. I have finally found a match with the exception of color. The one I have found is not Sequoia red but stained green in color. My question is, how hard would it be to sand down the green...
  14. Sirwill

New Ambassador X

Anyone try the Remo Ambassador X coated head yet? If so, please post a review. It looks like Remo has found something here.
  15. Sirwill

What size drum do you not like tunning

After playing and tunning just about every Major drum shell manufacture, I have found that tunning a 13" tom is the trickiest one of all to tune. I think its due to many things, but it never falls to be a bugger to tune no matter the head,manufacture or so on. I was wonder what size drum gives...
  16. Sirwill

Drum kit covers

I'm curious to find out just how many of us drummers are using some sort of drum kit cover to keep our kits clean and dust free when not in use? I have been using over sized black king sized bed sheets for years.
  17. Sirwill

Fresh skins for the Masters

I thought I would share my Pearl Masters Custom MMX with a full fresh set of heads. My configuration is somewhat like what Tommy Lee has used over recent years. I even prefer a 24"and 22" kick set up. Hope you enjoy?
  18. Sirwill

Cymbal washer blues

I have been using felt cymbal washers since the beginning of time. I'm tired of my cymbals sitting uneven do to old broken down felt washers that don't last long enough. I have been looking into rubber cymbal washers and was wondering if anyone has a good product they recommend? I found...
  19. Sirwill

Drummerworld Avatars (Top ten)

10. Bernhard Castiglioni (yes, thats right). 9. beastdrummagirl She likes pearls and my hats always off to the ladies. 8. diosdude It looks like it was pulled from a 70's theme video game. 7. Ludwig Fan Club Nuff said. 6. DogBreath (I did not forget you) A picture of the shaved head is...
  20. Sirwill

Back support

I'm looking for a high quality drum throne with "back support". I prefer to use Pearl hardware and I'm currently interested in the Pearl D-2000BR. As I wait to find a deal on e-Bay, I was wondering if anyone has a review?
Back