Search results

1. G

Education in Amsterdam ?

Hello Drummers, I have been playing around 15 years and would like to carry my drumming to a next level with the mindset of building a career on it. Meanwhile, I am moving to Amsterdam for a family issue where I will stay there for 3 years. Can you please recommend for a school in Amsterdam...
  2. G

Shopping in Tokyo?

Hi community, Where would you recommend to shop and chase for deals in Tokyo? Any place to check best deals and/or second hand for Yamaha? thanks in advance, Neset
  3. G

Can you describe this ride?

Hi Drummers, How would you describe the ride cymbal in this song? Something like; dark, narrow, complex, articulate, washy, etc..? Any idea about the size, weight range? What model from a brand? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iP1SsN2Sk thank you very much Neset
  4. G

Request for a transcript (J Dilla type)

Hi All, Here is a J Dilla type rhythm that I would love to play however my ears are not that precise to transcript it. I guess that -and hats are lagging and snare is anticipating but I am not sure. I appreciate if you can help me to understand it. Any further tips for playing this genre is...
  5. G

The Art of Bop Drumming page 36

Dear all, I am studying John Riley's The Art of Bop Drumming by myself. I couldn't figure out how to play the 5th bar in the page 36. You can see the notes in the attached picture. I am confused if these 16th notes will be played as swung 16th or regular 16th. I am confused because for example...
  6. G

Drum store in Munich

Hello All, Could you recommend me a drum store (or music shop) in Munich ? thanks Gomez
  7. G

Time keeping

Hello everybody, I have a rushing problem. In order to improve, i have started to practice some timing exercises recently. For example, playing on a metronome where there is 1 bar of clicks and then 2 bars of silence (as it is instructed in B. Greb's video). Even I practise with the most...
Back