Search results

1. Chunky

I'm back! And here's what I've been doing.

Hi everyone, I'm back after a long time. I've been busy recording and producing our album. Just released our first single off it. This song features Ashe O'Hara of (ex TesseracT and Voices From the Fuselage). Hope you enjoy the music video. I doubt anyone will be blown away by it but, it is...
  2. Chunky

Laptop/backing cutting out live

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong area, I couldn't find a category that seemed right for this. Anyway, I'm usually good with equipment and techy stuff but, this problem has me banging my head against the wall. I play along to backing tracks in the studio and also need it live for backing...
  3. Chunky

Singer wanted!

Hey, my band DZYEN have just released the first song from our upcoming EP, the EP to be releases shortly and an album already half recorded. We need a vocalist basically. Had to record the EP with our guitarist doing the vocals for now but, can't do this live and need a permanent singer. Our...
  4. Chunky

Finally released the first single from our EP!!!

Hey, I know I've disappeared from these forums for a while but, I'm back now. Here's the first single from our upcoming EP and album following shortly after. We recorded this ourselves at our studios (Omega Studios) and then sent it to Acle of 4D studios/TesseracT to master and sprinkle some of...
  5. Chunky

What if Chuck Norris played Mapex Saturns?

What would happen if Chuck Norris played Mapex Saturns?
  6. Chunky

Quantum theory drum practise

Yes, it's time for a ridiculous thread... I was wondering, quantum theory how potentially we can change the envirment (past, present, future) with our thought/consciousness has anyone ever tried to think themselves better? We've all spent a period of time away from the drums only to come back...
  7. Chunky

Did Buddy Rich ever get tired?

Well this thread is exactly what it says on the tin. Did Buddy Rich ever get tired? Yes, he used to sweat by the end of a performance but, he never looked physically tired. Even with a great technique most people can only play so fast for so long yet he seemed to play faster than most peoples...
  8. Chunky

crazy left foot

I bet most people thought this would be a thread of double pedal playing but, it's not. Instead, it's about when I see a lot of great drummers solo they occasionally get 'crazy foot'. They'll be keeping time with their left foot on the hats then they'll do something really technically demanding...
  9. Chunky

Demo of song from my upcoming EP

Hey, here's one of my bands original tunes, it starts off fairly heavy then kind of mellows out in the middle. We will have vocals on this soon as Sam Gitiban of Novallo has already recorded his parts for it. Hope you all enjoy it, even if it's a bit, erm, you know... Thanks...
  10. Chunky

Jojo Mayer speaking his mind

Hey, just thought I'd share this interview with Jojo Mayer, if anyone has a spare hour it's interesting. It's not often you get to hear big players really speak their mind on the industry. Love the guy even more for it! http://youtu.be/o1dWR2OilC0
  11. Chunky

Mystic Cave

It's been a while since I've posted any of my stuff so, here goes. This is just us messing about playing the Mystic Cave Zone music from Sonic 2 Not all of the parts are edited right mind but, it is what it is... http://youtu.be/gqN1zBZcXj8
  12. Chunky

Sacrificing sound

Is it really such a bad thing to sacrifice sound for showmanship? I've always been dead against it, if showmanship detracts from the sound in any way I just won't do it. However, I've seen lots of good and not-so-good drummers sacrifice sound and tightness for a bit showmanship here and there...
  13. Chunky

the nu-skool music notation?

Something DrumEatDrum mentioned on another thread got me thinking about this: I can read music to a certain level, I could be better but I've never needed to be any better. Anything i've needed to learn I have just listened and got it so, apart from drum excersises or the occasional piano...
  14. Chunky

What's the earliest age to learn to play?

Here's my son Axl copying daddy's 'rock poses' lol. It got me thinking, what is the earliest you can start to learn to play the drums?
  15. Chunky

How often do you drop your sticks?

How often do you drop your sticks while playing? and what grip do you drop them the most with? Some days I feel I can't keep a hold of them! Others, I'm fine yet I use the same technique. I do hold my sticks very open and relaxed. A baby could take them from me or knock them out my hands easily.
  16. Chunky

Sonic The Hedgehog!

My band got into the new issue of Gamesmaster this month with our cover of Sonic 2's 'Aquatic Ruins' so I thought I'd share the fun with my fellow drummers! We had a bit time to mess about and escape the mayhem of recording metal so we recorded some Sonic music! Complete with my amazing...
  17. Chunky

Propaganda - music video

ATTENTION! There is some curse words in this song. Don't watch if you're too young or easily offended. Or have a good taste in music! Here's a music video of our upcoming single which should be released early june I think. It's actually quite an old track and it's very punky even though we...
  18. Chunky

Clown Pockets

Ok, here's a demo of my bands new song. We called it Clown Pockets for a laugh as you need some serious pocket to do the verses justice. We have lyrics, we just haven't recorded them yet. I HATE, HATE, HATE the part I play on the splash in the second verse but, the guitarist insisted that it...
  19. Chunky

undeserved reputation

Ok, I think I have an undeserved reputation, as a good drummer. Let me explain: Been playing for a long time now, and I've always had a reputation fas being a good drummer. The problem is, I don't think I am, and this isn't me trying to be modest I really get depressed over this. If I come...
  20. Chunky

Alesis DM10 pro yay or nay?

Right, it's come to this - my band want to sound as good live as possible and as close to our recordings as possible, we've always just mic'd the kit but, they want that sound associated with metak. Basically that fake, machine like consistency. It's not the volume of my playing that's the...