Search results

1. dboomer

Looking for a power amp for vocals

“Program” power is a speaker rating not an amplifier rating.
  2. dboomer

What model? I can find nothing in the Yamaha literature.
  3. dboomer

“Daisy chain” in popular usage has unfortunately come to mean connecting in parallel. To an electrical engineer daisy chain means wiring in series.
  4. dboomer

I don’t know of any commercially available speaker that you can run in series without physically re-wiring it or using a specialized series connecting box. So how are you suggesting that speakers can be connected in series? I’m not saying it is a bad idea but it does negatively affect frequency...
  5. dboomer

Running speakers in “series” is generally a bad idea as all the peaks and dips in frequency response add together. In “parallel” they tend to smooth out. Also, it doesn’t matter what number you turn your amp up to, amplifiers always run at full gain. A volume control just acts to adjust how...
  6. dboomer

https://peavey.com/PDFs/How-Much-Power-For-My-Speakers.pdf
  7. dboomer

The sound of the drum is within the heads

There is the answer!
  8. dboomer

Name that drum

Maybe you really have only one drum and this is a trick. ;)
  9. dboomer

Power Unit Needed for TD-3

https://www.amazon.com/Roland-PSB-120-Power-Adapter-PSB-1U/dp/B073WM6WBW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=roland+psb-1u+power+adapter&qid=1600962989&sr=8-3
  10. dboomer

Most of what you hear there is “construction” and not “wood”
  11. dboomer

I like this format much better. Just get to the point and play the drums. The “sounds like a drum” guys “sound like talking” to me. Lotta talk and very little drums. I realize they are trying to make money with their site and they get paid more for longer videos. I have no problem with that...
  12. dboomer

Symmetrical Set Up

Because when you only manufacture 100 of something it costs you double what it costs to make when you make 1000.
  13. dboomer

Snares with 2 snare tension adjustments

Only your readings change. But you still have the same force on the 10lb weight 😀
  14. dboomer

Snares with 2 snare tension adjustments

What works for me are the Rhythm Tech Active snares. The snares are pretensioned so the throw-off has only to pull them up against the head. A low tech answer to Dynasonic or SuperSensitive (or even Trixon). I wish they weren’t discontinued.
  15. dboomer

Stop making drums sound the same...

Another elephant ... The acoustic properties of the listening space. The temperature and humidity in that space. The altitude of that space. The distance from the drum to the listener’s ear. It’s quite a herd of elephants actually. ;)
  16. dboomer

There are a number of factors to take into account besides sheer volume. Where on the drum did they hit? What was the angle of attack of the stick? What was the shape of the tip of the stick? How fast did they lift the stick off the head after the hit?
  17. dboomer

Likewise you would hear that difference if two drummers played the same set. Agreed that every shell is different (if you add enough decimal points to the number) but the question is when does it make a difference and what exactly are those differences? As someone pointed out, they couldn’t...
  18. dboomer

John Riley here

Hey John Just wanted to say thanks for all your youtube videos. I’ve picked up a few new tricks thanks to you. Please keep them up, they are much appreciated.
  19. dboomer

What you are saying is that there are critical components of the sound that are buried under the ambient sound. So if you have to listen in such a controlled situation does it matter?
  20. dboomer

If we go back to the first video (by REF), I don’t think he is saying there as absolutely ZERO difference between drums based on the wood used for their shells. I believe he is contending that any difference is so small as to be inconsequential as to matter (at least to him). So let’s not...