Search results

1. S

The new Rogers kits

Got a 4-piece Tama Star Walnut for $3,500, and paid an extra $400 just to get the finish I wanted. Could've got another finish for nearly $3,100 OTD. Had a bell bronze shell made to fit into my 6.5" free floating chassis (Pearl) and paid less for 4 Star Walnut drums, 2 STAR tom stands and a bell...
  2. S

DW Collector Series concrete snare

Is that you, Mr. Good? Didn't mean to hurt anyone's DW feelings. Cash has nothing to do with why I think this concrete snare idea is idiotic. Just dropped big money in Star Walnut kit and a bell bronze snare. Don't get me wrong, I love DW. But their gimmicks are just a bit much. Anyways...
  3. S

DW Collector Series concrete snare

OK I get it, but a concrete snare? Notes imprinted on the inside of toms? Drums made out of timber in Lake Superior? I mean come on. The gimmicks are just becoming too cheesy.
  4. S

Small Dent on Edge of New HI Hats

I appreciate the peace of mind suggestion. Considering I won't find a deal like this anywhere else, I think I'll take your suggestion.
  5. S

Well he had photos and I did not see the dent on the cymbals at all. He packed them like absolute trash though, and it's apparent that the package was handled terribly and was probably dropped on the ground, which led to the dent.
  6. S

Man that is a generous offer and I appreciate it. I'm actually up north in the Bay Area but that is incredibly thoughtful. Thank you Pete.
  7. S

Yea these are absolutely mint other than the dent, which I'm fairly certain came from shipping he cymbals in piss poor packaging. It's from a music store in the Midwest, and I got the cymbals off of Reverb. He was asking for $500. I offered $375 and he immediately accepted. So I guess I can't...
  8. S

Very true. To my ears, I think they sound just fine, but I only had a limited time playing them today.
  9. S

I believe they were in mint condition when he shipped them, however, they were shipped in a sorry cardboard box with a small alint of packing paper, and that's it. They were in the cymbal bag they come in, but other than that, they were packed pretty poorly. I was shocked when I got them. But...
  10. S

Hello all. Just scored a pair of 15" HHX Complex hats. They were listed as "mint". Hats came in today and they looked good, other than a small dent I noticed in the lip of the bottom hat. The top also has a smaller dent so I'd assume these hats were dropped during shipment. See the attached...
  11. S

Traded the Dubs for a Tama Star Walnut

Could've got one of these new super cheap. But paid the few hundred just for the Indigo Burst finish.
  12. S

Then why even bother with the Star Walnut lol. I'd just rock the Bubingas all day.
  13. S

Not sure bout the MIC & MIJ pricing differences, but I did get a quote last year to have a Starclassic Bubinga made and shipped to me. It was also over $3K, mostly due to the CITES restrictions on Bubinga and now all Starclassic Bubinga kits are overpriced.
  14. S

C & C drums,..

Josh Eppard used them for years. Very nice custom drums, but pretty sure they used Keller shells.
  15. S

You won't be disappointed. Got this beast last month:
  16. S

New starclassic kit issue.. [Solved]

So I'm looking at a pair of hi-hats from the same retailer (Pro Star Audio) you bought the original beat-up kit from. My god. The reviews on this company are horrendous. No way I would gamble on some cymbals let alone an entire kit. Did you get the replacement kit from them too?
  17. S

Are overpriced drums worth it ? A Defence of mapex

I own a Mapex Black Panther Velvetone kit which, at the time, was the most expensive kit I had. Just got a Star Walnut kit, and aside from some very minor nuances, there really isn't much from a quality control aspect that sets these kits apart, frankly. Both kits had perfect construction...
  18. S

Aweosme. Glad you had it addressed. As you can see, the first kit was entirely unacceptable.
  19. S

Interesting, however, all the pictures have some type of blur. Looks like the seller tried to use some time of lens blur or portrait mode on his/her device.
  20. S

@jasz Found one: https://reverb.com/item/32676390-tama-starclassic-maple-4-pc-exotic-shell-pack-new Return the kit you bought, make an offer on that kit, and buy it. Doesn't look like it has the same issues.