Search results

1. Angus Macinnes

Question for bar-band folks, re some song choices

La Bamba-Ritchie Valens Rocking in the USA-Neil Young Oye Como Va-Santana Keep Your Hands to Yourself-Georgia Satellites Roadhouse Blues-Doors Smooth-Santana
  2. Angus Macinnes

Why do you Play?

The joy of noise! :cool: All the reason you need. :giggle:
  3. Angus Macinnes

Drumming Upper Limb Injury Survey - via surveymonkey

Did seem to be rather brief.
  4. Angus Macinnes

Kick drum head opinions

I use Remo Powerstroke 3 Fiberskyn Diplomat Felt Tone Bass Drumhead - 24" and find them to keep the low end very well.
  5. Angus Macinnes

How did you pick your favorite sticks?

My go to for a while now has been the Vic Firth 5B freestyle. I like the extra length on them. I also use the Gavin Harrison model and Questlove model from time to time.
  6. Angus Macinnes

Hi Hats with greatest crispest "bark" possible?

I have a set of Soultone extreme 15" that I really like. They are crisp. Also and I know you said you did not want to go below 13" but I also have a set of Zildjian 12" special recording hats that I find fantastic. Take a look and see if either might be in your wheelhouse in the coming days...
  7. Angus Macinnes

Happy Birthday Bermuda

Happy Belated Birthday lad.
  8. Angus Macinnes

Pearl vision ranking.

I have a set of Visions and have no complaints about them at all. Have had them since 2012 with no issues.
  9. Angus Macinnes

Fired for COVID/ Age

Sorry that happened. If everyone in our band over 60 were fired we would have no band. Come to think of it our youngest player may be 60. To sad for them and if they were to come back asking you to play again the answer should be a big No!
  10. Angus Macinnes

What's your latest purchase?

My latest is a 14 in fast crash. Should work well with my 12 in hats and a 15 in crash. Strange I like big drums and smaller cymbals.
  11. Angus Macinnes

New Pearl Masterworks Drum Set Comparison - 4 Kits Head to Head!

I really liked the Maple/Gum set. Great comparison video for sure. Like was said above that green shimmer is terrible.
  12. Angus Macinnes

Ever regret selling something?

60's era Gretsch 4 piece in Blue Sparkle.
  13. Angus Macinnes

Easy pre-beginner song?

Cotton Fields Credence Clearwater Revival
  14. Angus Macinnes

What Songs Do Audiences React Best To ?

Roadhouse Blues Rocking in the USA Oye Como Va La Bamba Keep your hands to yourself Smooth Take the Highway Tell Mama
  15. Angus Macinnes

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

Gene Krupa Ringo Starr Gavin Harrison First two were my inspiration to play. Gavin rekindled the fire for me.
  16. Angus Macinnes

Happy Birthday Ringo

Just finished watching the Big Birthday on youtube. It was good. Happy Birthday Mr. Starky.
  17. Angus Macinnes

Am I the only one who thinks bass drums should be at least 22"?

I like the 22 and 24's. Currently using a 24 and I really like it. Thinking of getting a 26 as well. What can I say I like big drums. LMAO
  18. Angus Macinnes

Need help with "floor" tom

You might get 3 of these https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibraltar/SC-TL2-Tom-Floor-Tom-Leg-Bracket.gc?rNtt=gibraltar%20floor%20tom%20legs%20&index=3 and a set of legs https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibraltar/SC-TL2A-Floor-Tom-Leg-Set-1273887992969.gc?rNtt=gibraltar%20floor%20tom%20legs%20&index=4...
  19. Angus Macinnes

Show us that one cymbal you just couldn’t live without

This is one of the best ride cymbals I have ever used.
  20. Angus Macinnes

Band Set Up Woes Again. Grrrr

I don't suffer fools well. If they get there before I do and have all their crap where I should be setting up I just set up on the front of the stage and take their perceived place on stage. Usually only takes about one time doing this to get the point across. And yes I am an ass about it...