Search results

1. Odd-Arne Oseberg

What's your top 15 Drummerworld number?

Since someone started this type of thread, I just thought this would be an easier one to keep track of. I would obviously be very envious of those who have seen some of those that are no longer wth us. https://www.drummerworld.com/All_Time_Top_Drummers.html Mine are: Vinnie Colaiuta 2000 on...
  2. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Gary Chaffee podcast.

https://www.garychaffee.com/podcast
  3. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Low boy snow shoe.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone making traditional looking reproductions of these things? I'm guessing anyone in posession of traditional ones would never let them go or charge an arm and a leg. I know DW make a low boy, but it doesn't look the part at all. I guess I could have a go at...
  4. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Squeaky toys.

After seeing Tommy Campbell I decided I had to get me some squeaky toys for my drums. Should impress some kids for sure. I was able to find the chicken for $5 online, but not much luck finding more. Toy stores around here don't have of that "quality." Any idea where I can look? Here's Tommy.
  5. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Getting a Broadkaster pretty soon. You can help me deceide on the finish.

Basically just getting a bop 4-piece, but I'll add the choices of both 18 and 20 bass drums + 10 and 12 rack toms. Vintage hardware looks cool, but I'll probably get the modern stuff. My current contestants are. Natural Satin Yellow Antique Pearl White Marine Pearl Black Gold Sparkle
  6. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Kendrick Scott

I thoght there was one, but since there isnt, there needs to be a thread about this guy. He's just crazy good.
  7. Odd-Arne Oseberg

New Xymox pad/drum.

Just found out about these. https://www.xymoxpercussion.com/products/hybrid-snare-with-remo-black-max.html https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvhNAAPvvX4 Anyone tried them yet?
  8. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Denting drumheads

So, I've been at this thing for about 10 years. There's one technique that still eludes me. I've yet to be able to put even the tiniest of dents in any drumhead. I often play quite hard, but still..... How is this done? Is there a secret technique? Any help much appreciated.
  9. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Wilcoxon No.114 WTF?!?

I always skip this and forget to talk about it, but my question should self explanatory, I guess.
  10. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Firebox

Extraordinary off topic one might think, but as an often camping and tailgating musical ambassador this thing is just great to have. I have a bunch of these things now. Several gasifiers etc... big and small. This is the Firebox Nano which I just started using for grilling with a bit of chunk...
  11. Odd-Arne Oseberg

DW Cajon Pedal

So, it's a while since this was released, but it's been one of those "don't ship to your location" type of items, and it's only just recently become available around here. I'd like a cajon pedal. I play DW pedals and there's often quite bad reviews on other brand's offerings. Maybe because...
  12. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Tabla case?

So, I need something to transport and store my tablas in. Any preferences and reasons for our choice?
  13. Odd-Arne Oseberg

DW DWCPPADBOA Practice pedal

Not much info on these. I was just wondering if anyone has used/is using this and how it compares to something like the Hansenfutz? The Futz is obviously just a spring you press down on. Is it possible to practice something closer to normal technique and letting the beater bounce back with these?
  14. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Gary Chaffee skype lessons?

So, I was wondering if anyone has tried some Skype lessons with Gary. It’s not ideal and I know that’s why he sort of held back on doing things that way. Being cost prohibitive for the average European musician and music student I guess that’s why it’s now an option. I would much prefer going...
  15. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Allan Holdsworth passes.

Bye Allan. One of the greatest. Pioneer, musical crusader, a truly unique voice. So real, so humble and a master of his craft. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWU_yFFsNtc
  16. Odd-Arne Oseberg

50s rock left hand Easter conditioner

This is just a fun little way to make conditioning work for beginners a little more fun. It's based on a good old 50s-60s rock beat with accents on 2& - 4 Bold capitals are accents. together like this "rr" are 8 notes alone like this - r - is quarters. lr - LL - r - L You can of course...
  17. Odd-Arne Oseberg

So another break thread.

So I guess I've hung around here for close to 5 years. About two years after I started my first full time teaching job where I was supposed to teach drums as well as guitar, bass and various bands. It was hard in the beginning, but I cleaned that place up well. Should have never left that job...
  18. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Kanjira bag?

I have one of the standard Remo Kanjiras. Has anyone come across a fitting bag for it? Just something simple slightly padded like what came with my Stanton Moore pandeiro. Remo makes frame drum bags, but they're all way too big. EDIT: Seems Meinl makes a bag that fits.
  19. Odd-Arne Oseberg

A little shoutout for the Rhythm Tech Pro Tambourine.

So I've been holding back on tambourines as the need hasn't been all that great. I'm always in the process of buying different small things, but at the same time I'm naturally opposed to having too much stuff and really only want things to do the job well and that I can use regularly. I've...