Search results

1. asht89

Stanley Clarke - Buenos Aires Cover

Hi guys. Here's a video of a rehearsal with a project I'm currently involved with called 'Spectrum'. We play funky fusion tracks - here's one of my favourites. Sorry the sound quality isn't the best - it was all recorded on the one little Zoom mic in the middle of the room! The track is called...
  2. asht89

My NEW KIT! - Gretsch New Classics

I've been long due an upgrade, and finally managed to get a new kit a couple of days ago! Anyway, here's my current setup: Gretsch New Classics in gold sparkle 10" x 8" Tom 12" x 9" Tom 14" x 14" Floor Tom 22" x 18" Bass Drum Pearl Chad Smith Signature Snare Drum Cymbals 14" Paiste Formula...
  3. asht89

Pearl Masters MCX vs Yamaha BC Absolute

I've finally decided to upgrade my drums. i was thinking about some tama starclassics or gretsch renowns, but i spotted two fairly good deals on a set of Pearl Masters MCXs and Yamaha Birch Custom Absolutes. They are both listed for around the same price. I was just wondering if anyone had any...
  4. asht89

DTXplorer Drum Pads

Just wondering whether anyone would be able to help me here. I have a yamaha dtxploroer electronic drum kit, and i was wondering wether the bass drum pad could be replaced with a different one. I know i only use it for practice, but it would be nice to have something that feels a little better...
  5. asht89

New Videos

Haven't posted anything on this section, but i put another vid up on youtube so i thought id post it here. Its nothing in particular, just running through a few different ideas and stuff. I know there are a few sloppy bits etc, but its only like a practice jam thing. All comments and...
  6. asht89

Gretsch Renowns?

I was just wondering whether you guys could give me a little advice. Ive been toying with the idea of upgrading my kit to something 'nice', a general all rounder. I see that the Renowns have had a good response on here and ive heard good things from friends. Ive seen a few yamaha kits that...