Search results

1. Dave from Perth

DW Snare Drums

I had some free time today and thought I’d share some photographs of my limited edition DW snare drums. I’ve been collecting drums for a number of years, though it seems that these days I spend more time collecting than I do playing. Oh well... There’s no reasoning behind the sequencing of the...
  2. Dave from Perth

DW's Neil Peart R30 Snare Drum

This is the most recent arrival to my collection of limited edition DW snare drums. It's the Neil Peart R30 model (as found in the NP Evolution Snare Collection). Not to be confused with the Neil Peart Commemorative snare drum from 2006, this drum is a replica of one of the three snare drums...
  3. Dave from Perth

Fidock Handcrafted Drums

I thought it was time to share some photos of my Fidock snare drums. These beautiful drums are handcrafted by Stephan Fidock and his team here, in Australia. The drums photographed have shells that are made using the stave construction method. The shells are made with integrated reinforcement...
  4. Dave from Perth

Steely Dan in Australia

G'day. I have just returned from Steely Dan's Perth concert - their first port of call while here, in Australia, on their Shuffle Diplomacy tour. I was, yet again, blown away by the musicianship of all the players, but to see Keith Carlock do his thing behind the kit was inspirational stuff...
  5. Dave from Perth

Snare Drum Collection Take 2

I'm very sorry about that messed first post! I'll try again... Here are some images of my collection of limited edition DW snare drums. Please enjoy. 25th Anniversary Amber Fiddleback 25th Anniversary Craviotto Solid Maple in Natural Fiddleback 25th Anniversary Edge in Amber Fiddleback...
  6. Dave from Perth

Snare Drum Collection

Since my last post there have been a few additions to my collection of limited edition DW snare drums. I thought I'd post them here, in one hit, and share them with you. I hope you enjoy the photos. 25th Anniversary Amber Fiddleback 25th Anniversary Natural Fiddleback with Craviotto Solid...
  7. Dave from Perth

DW Anniversary Snare Drums

Hello It was a nice day so I thought I'd post some images of the anniversary snare drums from my collection of limited edition DWs. Hope you like them. 25th Anniversary 14 x 6.5 in Fiddleback Maple, Anniversary Amber Lacquer Finish 25th Anniversary 14 x 6.5 Solid Craviotto Maple in...
  8. Dave from Perth

DW Limited Edition Snare Drums

Hello. I have added a few snares to my collection so I thought I'd re-post all of them together in one hit. I hope you like them. 25th Anniversary 25th Anniversary Edge 30th Anniversary (Lake Superior Birch) Acrylic Prototype Classics Buddy Rich Ply Version Classics Buddy Rich Solid Shell...
  9. Dave from Perth

Latest Additions

Hello. I thought I'd share some photos showing the latest additions to my snare drum collection. DW 25th Anniversary Snare Drum 14x6 Fiddleback Maple ply DW Classics Beavertail lugs "Buddy Rich" model 14x5 Maple ply Fidock Bubinga matching hoops 14x6.5 Stave Construction And some...
  10. Dave from Perth

Calling all Aussies

G'day. I'm posting to see if any forum members from Australia, who collect drums as a hobby, are interested in setting up a network of drum collectors. (If one already exists, I'd appreciate information about how I can contact it/them.) Hope to hear from drummers who are similarly interested...