Search results

1. D

defying conventional drum set up for unique sound

Here is my Buffalo Cajon kit. It's made from Remo Buffalo drums that I have attached floor tom leg mounts to. A couple of clamps later, an entire drum set mounted from a hi hat stand. Sounds amazing, super lightweight, easy to move. +++++
  2. D

Interesting and unusual setups - show them!

Posted in some other threads, too - My Not A Cocktail No Stand Crazy Tiny Drum Kit! The 'bass' drum is a 14"X14" Maxitone MIJ from the late 60s. 8" Remo Buffalo drum as a snare. 10" Buffalo drum as a tom. 12" mismatched splashes as high hats. 16" vintage no logo ride. No heavy stands to lug...
  3. D

Show us your tiny kits

My Not A Cocktail No Stand Crazy Tiny Drum Kit! The 'bass' drum is a 14"X14" Maxitone MIJ from the late 60s. 8" Remo Buffalo drum as a snare. 10" Buffalo drum as a tom. 12" mismatched splashes as high hats. 16" vintage no logo ride. No heavy stands to lug around. No set up or tear down. Just...
  4. D

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

My Crazy Not A Cocktail No Stand Kit!
  5. D

My crazy drum kits!

This is basically the same exact crazy drum kit as the last post, but I have improved it significantly. It went through two iterations that I tested for a few weeks each. On the second version I added an 8" Buffalo drum. I moved the snare wire from the 12" drum to the 8" drum. I still had to...
  6. D

show off your snare

This is my Buffalo snare. I bought a cheap ($30 new!) Remo Buffalo Drum (hand drum) and screwed a set of snare wires into it. The angle of the snare wires gives them the proper tension against the batter side head. The Buffalo Drum shell is made of Acousticon and the head is Fiberskyn. I started...
  7. D

My Expandable Kit

Very cool! I love crazy drum kits. Here's one I just finished a week ago: Click here to see my blog of crazy drum kits.
  8. D

My crazy drum kits!

Another crazy drum kit build. This one is my favorite so far. A kit with no stands! This one cost $110 US dollars to build. Click here to see the Crazy No Stand Not A Cocktail Kit.
  9. D

My crazy drum kits!

Another crazy drum kit. This one features a wooden resonant head made of 1/4" maple and a Buffalo snare. Click here to see the Crazy Solid Reso Head Bikini Kit!
  10. D

My crazy drum kits!

Another crazy drum kit! This one is a 3 piece all in one cocktail style kit. Click here to see the Crazy Tiny Not A Cocktail Drum Kit
  11. D

More crazy drum kits!

Here is another crazy drum kit that I built. Crazy Solid Wood Reso Side Bass Drum Bikini Kit! Thanks for looking!
  12. D

Show off your Ludwigs? : )

1961 Super Classic in (faded) Blue Oyster Pearl. The snare is a super rare '61 Super Ludwig. This kit was a gift from a friend! All I had to do was drive to California, pick it up, and clean it up. This is an amazing kit.
  13. D

show off your snare

Here's one I have not seen anywhere, ever. It's a 1961 Super Ludwig - kinda like a Supraphonic, but with crimped snare beds. NOT a Super Sensitive - apparently an extremely rare drum. I love the drum - it's a little more sensitive than a Supraphonic, sounds great! COB, I think. Imperial lugs.
  14. D

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

1961 Ludwig Super Classic in (faded) Blue Oyster Pearl with a 1961 Super Ludwig Snare - a rare snare!
  15. D

Kits that make you drool!

Here's my set of 1961 Ludwig Super Classics - a gift from a friend. When I received these drums, they were trashed - absolutely filthy and rusty. I restored everything. Claws on the bass drum are replacements - I'm going to have the originals re-chromed because they were too trashed to clean up...
  16. D

Ludwig Fan Club

Here's my 1961 Super Classic restored, re-skinned and ready to play! The snare drum is a '61 Super Ludwig. I played this kit yesterday and it sounds awesome! Big, deep bass - snare cuts like a hot knife through butter - the toms are warm and brown. Awesome score, given to me by my friend Todd...
  17. D

I Need Ludwig Help - Anyone?

I was recently gifted with a 1961 Ludwig Super Classic in Blue Oyster Pearl. Included were a set of vintage Zildjian hi-hats from '61 as well as a Supraphonic snare. I'm experiencing some confusion because the shell sizes are all correct for the kit but it is unusual in two aspects. 1. The tom...
  18. D

Ludwig Fan Club

Here's the 1961 Super Classic shells I've been posting about, all cleaned up and ready for re-assembly. I used Windex to clean the shells, #0000 stell wool soaked in PB Blaster (a rust remover) for the hardware. When everything was cleaned up and put back together, I polished everything with...
  19. D

Show us your tiny kits

My home made Mini Buffalo Kit! 8' snare, 10" tom and 14" bass - constructed from Remo Buffalo drums. Everything is mounted to the snare stand and the whole thing weighs about 8 pounds. Click here to see a video of me playing it.
  20. D

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

My home made drum kit, built from Remo's Buffalo Drums. A 14" kick, 10" tom, 8" snare, all mounted on the snare stand. The hi-hats are vintage Zildjians from 1961 - 14". Iron cobra stand and bass pedal. The 14" has a decent thump. The snare is super dry and popcorny. The tom sounds like a...