Search results

1. C

What are these for? (Pic)

Lol thanks to this thread I have learned what a drum trigger is, which was not my original goal. But thanks harryconway
  2. C

I dont know what the guitar picks are for. I assumed they were just handy backups that anyone in the band would have easy access to. IDK if Butch plays guitar.
  3. C

I see them being used in churches even when the drums aren't mic'd. In that case, are they just trying to control volune?
  4. C

The First Kit You Got

I got my first kit in 1988 when I was 12. It was a 1960s era Ludwig Silver Sparkle 4 piece kit. This pic is not my kit but it is exactly what I had (mine had the snare too). As a kid I HATED this drum set because it did not look like what I saw on MTV. The cymbals were some budget-level brass...
  5. C

I have not seen a screen setup like this. Most times, the clear screen covers the bass drum too. I have never known what these are for. Are they supposed to isolate the drum sound being mic'd from the rest of the band?? Also it looks he has cymbal fasteners holding his screen in place. ...
  6. C

Taking a break from drumming

I wish this was true. I started drumming as soon as I could pull pots and pans out of the cabinet as a toddler. Played drums all through childhood. My jazz drum teacher considered me a prodigy and did not bother trying to teach me. He would send me home with a cassette tape and say "learn this...
  7. C

Please provide feedback on this video

I have the exact drum kit that is in this video. Can anyone tell me what he did to get the toms tone that you hear? I want the same attack/ring/sustain. In the video, he is using the same stock Remo UT pinstripes that I have on mine. How far above finger tight do you think his batter side lugs...
  8. C

Depressed

Grew up drumming as a child and teenager. Switched to bass guitar around 16. Played in many bands as a bassist. Deep down wanted to go back to drums but shrugged it off for years. Now...finally dropped a grand on a new drum set. First I have ever owned. Loved the tone and the kit but kept...
  9. C

Drum Gear Photography

Black dots on a Vistalite set with no resonant heads on the high toms. Good gawd that has to be some vinatge tone. Would love to hear these in action by someone who knows how to work this setup hard.
  10. C

Hands-on Reviews of Ludwig Element Evolution Maple?

I just purchased the Ludwig Evolution Maple set six piece kit, which came with a "free" 8 inch rack tom to make it a 7-piece. My kit included hardware and Zildjian ZBT cymbals (20/16/14 size) all for $945 out the door. I am beyond happy with this set, except for the claw screw on the bass drum...
  11. C

Bass drum pedal hitting screw.

But it's no worry, because now that I have a smaller wing screw, I can lower the pedal while bringing the beater forward with it. Also, I just realized that my spring tension was too tight. It feels like I have better command of the pedal now that I have significantly lowered the tension.
  12. C

The chain does not appear to be adjustable.
  13. C

Thanks for everyone's input. In the end, bailed out by a $85 kiddie set.
  14. C

That wing screw is Ludwig OEM. Because all the cymbal stands have the same size wing screws and are identical.
  15. C

Well just now the pedal started barely hitting the enormous wingnut again. So I was just about to start figuring out how to remove chain links, but then I looked across the room at my daughter's junior size drum set. It also has chain pedal for the bass drum. And sure enough, by dumb luck, the...
  16. C

Ludwig needs to scale back on the size of the clamp screw. This is outrageous to have to get creative on a brand new pedal. Design flaw.
  17. C

You guys have given me some great ideas to try if this reoccurs. Here's how I have solved it as of now. I raised the front of the bass drum like Noisy suggested, which angled the drum head slightly toward the beater. Then I inserted a hard plastic strip between the claw and the drum hoop. Then I...
  18. C

I'm gonna try to insert cardboard on the drum hoop and see if that helps by requiring the screw to not have to fasten as much.
  19. C

Yes. But then it throws beater backward as well, so that when the beater finally strikes the drumhead, the pedal hits the screw again.
  20. C

Well let me rephrase that. Raising the bass drum helped. But it's just BARELY hitting the screw, but enough that I can still hear it. Just not as bad as before. And I still cant lower the footplate to improve my beater angle.