Search results

1. J

Question about older "new" Ludwig

Hey Ludwig guys -- so you might have seen the kit I grabbed off of Ebay on the "removing sharpie" thread -- I just wanted to ask some of the more season Ludwig historians if you can tell me a bit about my kit. Each drum is stamped on the inside with 052203, which I'm assuming is May 22, 2003...
  2. J

Removing sharpie from Ludwig wrapped drum?

Hey guys, I just scored what is basically my dream kit. It's just a Ludwig Classic Maple, used, but it's the exact configuration and finish I have wanted for years, and I got a great deal on it. Only problem -- there is sharpie on one of the drums. Actually, it's a Dennis Chambers autograph...
  3. J

Extra-high drum thrones?

(Apologies if this is a repeat, but I couldn't find anything in the archives.) I've got a cocktail kit coming FedEx next week. While I do plan on playing the kit standing up, I know there are going to be times when I'll want a normal hi-hat to go along with it, in which case I'll need to sit...
  4. J

Advice on speeding up

Hi all, I've been drumming for ages now -- 20 years or so -- but I'm entirely self-taught. One of the side effects is that practicing with a metronome was something I never knew was important. The result of this is that despite being pretty advanced in other ways, I have a very basic but...
  5. J

Some recording advice, please

Hi all. I don't know too much about recording, so please bear with me... Up until now, I've been recording with V-Drums primarily due to their ease of use. I can record a track as MIDI, and then mute individual drums to get a full multi-track file with each drum on a separate channel...