Search results

1. C

3D Printed Snare

jeeze! $1250 for that. sounds horrendous- almost like those cheap kids' sets.
  2. C

Tension Rod Issue on Snare

just spoke to the rep. about it. he's not happy about it and has placed an escalated order to replace this one. if only their build quality was as good as their customer service...
  3. C

yeah- it doesn't alter the sound at all, but aesthetically it just looks wrong. I was able to adjust it some so the splay occurs on lugs that aren't front and center. I am just a bit confused as to why this is an issue for them though.
  4. C

yup- it's the same exact issue. something must be off measurement wise. some of the hoop holes are centered over the lugs and some are not.
  5. C

Pick the better deal

I'd go with the Gretsch. I just got a snare in that same finish and it's awesome! edit- I take that back after reading through your post...
  6. C

I've been making adjustments, but when I do it just throws off the other rods. I'll keep at it to see if I can straighten them all out...
  7. C

after a long wait the new drum has finally arrived. these pictures were taken immediately after unboxing: it's pretty disappointing to be sent a replacement snare only to have the new snare have the same issue as the old one. it's certainly not as bad, but it's crazy to me that this could...
  8. C

Buyer Asking for 'Receipt of Purchase'

the drum was delivered. sounds like his post master was reaching out to him for something else...
  9. C

that was honestly my initial concern... I guess we'll see what happens here.
  10. C

I thought maybe that was the case. I've just never encountered this before when shipping or receiving items.
  11. C

that certainly seems logical, but he said he's confused as well since it was shipped UPS. I asked how the post master contacted him and he said his phone number. I just don't understand any of it.
  12. C

yeah- everything was done through Reverb and I provided him a screenshot of the current info.
  13. C

this is new for me. I sold a bass drum on Reverb and shipped it out with UPS the other day. according to tracking it is currently out for delivery. I just received a message from the buyer saying his post officer never received my receipt of purchase. I told him I was confused as I shipped it...
  14. C

Dumb mistake and experimentation on a 20" K

you were just way ahead of the game...
  15. C

PDP mismatched from factory?

at the start of the pandemic someone was selling the rack and floor tom together, basically brand new- I forget if it was an auction or buy it now, but they sold for just over $200 shipped. I kicked myself for not jumping on them, but I couldn't really justify taking them in. not saying these...
  16. C

Dumb mistake and experimentation on a 20" K

would this method help at all?
  17. C

Ludwig Acrolites......Reverse Economics?

certainly not on ebay, reverb, and sites like those, but locally- FB marketplace, craigslist, they can still pop up.
  18. C

I think the appeal of the Acrolite is that they can be had for cheap and I think they sound great. for the $70 I paid it's a bargain.
  19. C

My New Slingerlands

not sure what you plan on doing with the old wrap itself, but if there's enough you should rewrap a snare! I think that could be cool!
  20. C

this topic came up only a few months ago and it seems like they have increased in price since then. finding Acrolites locally seems to be the only way to get the best deal. I've recently bought one for $70 and a Black Galaxy one for $85. for awhile the 60's Keystone ones were selling for $200+...