Search results

1. D

Drum ideas for one year old?

Doh! Why didn’t I think of that. The easiest, most obvious thing. Seriously, thanks!
  2. D

100% agree and this is what I’m aiming for. What type of sticks did you get your son when he was one?
  3. D

I don’t know. I haven’t looked into that aspect of it, but music is pretty integral in early child development. I wasn’t thinking along the lines of retaining anything. It’s not like you can even teach them anything at this point. Just something for them to bang on and explore sounds. Then...
  4. D

Hi all, Been drumming my whole life, about 30 years, and have a one year old. Around 9 months I’d have him sit between my legs and I’d play some stuff on the carpet, then he’d take the sticks and bang a bit, then I’d take them back, and so on. He also taps on pillows, blankets, etc. I know he’s...
  5. D

Durability of DW 9002 vs Pearl Powershifter

Evenin' I bought a Pearl Powershifter double pedal in the early 2000s and it's now starting to give me more and more annoying little problems. So my question is, 9002 has been out for a while now, how durable is it? Here are some of the annoyances I've experienced with my Pearl. Hinge at the...
  6. D

Direct Inguinal Hernia Surgery-drumming life after?

Hi, all! I have a direct inguinal hernia. It doesn't hurt and surgery is optional, though the doc advised I do it while I'm younger. I play in two bands, one is like the Beatles and the other is a pretty up tempo psych rock group that has some chop heavy parts. Can anyone give some advice...